Running the Game at 720p

• Thread starter JustMac
  • 4 comments
Ireland
Ireland
Hi guys. So I noticed a few of you chatting about changing the resolution from 4k to 1080p to get the game running smoother on PS4 Pro. This got me thinking if perhaps doing the same on base PS4, albeit from 1080p to 720p, would have a similar positive effect on visuals/performance.

I've just tried it and I'm absolutely convinced that it steadies the frame rate, and REALLY reduces the appearance of jaggies, minimising eye strain/visual ugliness, and overall smoothness is far better. It does make things blurrier of course, but I'm finding its certainly worth the trade-off.

Give it a go and let me know your thoughts, perhaps it varies from screen to screen. I don't have an FPS tool, but I would really appreciate if one of you guys could look into this to see that it's not some placebo effect.

It doesn't change anything other than lowering the resolution (which makes the appearance of the game softer) You can just reduce the sharpness at 1080p and get the same thing but much more.

Aw that's a shame -- still may be the best solution for me as I can't reduce screen sharpness (monitor), definitely improves perception of smoothness

Yeah I’m on a 1080p monitor with 1ms response time so maybe that’s why it’s more noticeable for me compared to others. It’s still playable but have to take frequent breaks. It’s an epic game for sure but just wish it was a smooth 30fps.

Back