Running the Nurburgring Type V

  • Thread starter Thread starter Judge Fred
  • 7 comments
  • 816 views
Messages
10
South Africa
Bloemfontein
Messages
xXDoMeGaXx
I did a free run on the Nurburgring Type V a few days back with the X2010 in a time of 4:28. Now I don't know if this is quite fast or not compared to other racers out there?

I did a few minor tweaks to the car like it's camber,downforce,etc and used racing soft tires in the process. With that I'd have to say I used the driving force steering wheel that was intentionally made for GT3 that I bought a few years back.

All I'd like to know are there people running similiar times? 👍
 
I'm not sure about the type V course. I know for the normal ring someone ran 3:10, and many people have broken 3:20. Not sure about that version though...try the standard ring and see how your time compares. 👍
 
You did far better than me, 4:57 with a DS3. For whatever reason I do much better on tight tracks with the X1, than high-speed tracks with sweepers like the 'ring. I guess I'm not precise enough because I tend to go off-track when negotiating high-speed corners with the X1.
 
I just try to avoid the X1. I am on a DS3, and I've only managed to bronze 2 of the vettel challenges...good job with 4:57! 👍
 
Thanks! I managed to bronze all three ftw, but only after getting my first Vettel upon reaching level 35 on b-spec. No matter how much I tried I could not beat any of them until I practiced with the Vettel X1 I won. My friend has a G27 and it's true, the precision you have over a DS3 is astonishing.
 
I dont understand those who are serious about the game dont just shell out the cash for a wheel? I picked mine up online (a logitech driving force GT for $100) - you dont need to shell out $300+ for a G27 or whatever.

It really makes the game much more fun and involved, and easier too - for example. the Vettel challenges... I hit all bronze in them within about 5 attempts. With sharp cars like the F1, X1, or even Karts, etc.. a wheel is bang on. It's so easy and you dont even have to really concentrate I find. I used to race on a controller for years and I bought a wheel about 2 months ago, during my first hour or so, I found the wheel to be extremely horrible to use and unrealistic and kept spinning out but after you get the hang of its sensitivity its really much better, and less boring too.

I was setting times of around 1'35 in the F10 on Suzuka on my controller... now with the wheel, I regularly set 1'31-1'30 on my first lap around the track. Consistency is so much better with it. Monaco too, my best with the controller was around 1'15 with the F10 and with the wheel its 1'12... Trust me, get a wheel, with enough practice you'll probably gold or silver the vettel challenges. I just dont care for the vettel challenge enough, I already silvered the Suzuka one, but the others, I dont really know the tracks well enough and kept finishing within 1 second of the silvers haha so it just annoyed me. Maybe i'm just hitting my talent wall, others who are naturally good at GT5 will improve so much more with a wheel IMO.
 
I was doing a 4h endurance the other day, because I wanted to learn to drive the damn thing, and I did 4:40.7 on racing hard tires. So, I figure, 4:27 is pretty quick.

I know you're not supposed to race the X1, but it really helped me sharpen the skills. After the race, I very quickly golded Monza challenge with half a second to spare, and silvered the 'Ring.
 
Well done! Even though I ran the 4:27 I'm still struggling in the Vettel Challange regardless. I immidiately felt the difference between my own X1 and the one on the challange, I figured that's why I'm struggling so much. So used to my own X1 I guess.
 
Back