RX-480 black screen

• Thread starter Ca11um
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
My friend has an 8gb RX-480 GPU for sale going cheap...I might get it because I need to upgrade from my 2GB GTX 960 (I made a separate post about this not too long ago), but the problem is that it gets a black screen every time he installs the drivers.

Everything works correctly and the computer boots up when the drivers aren't installed, but as soon as you try to instal the drivers the screen goes black and nothing shows up when you restart the computer either. He said he has already tried a few things but hasn't been able to fix it (not sure what he has tried). Does anybody know what it could be? If I can find a fix then I will probably buy this from him.

Could be a dead card I had a similar issue with an R9 270X when the drivers were not installed I could boot but the screen had colour bars all the way across the screen. Once I installed the drivers it would go to a black screen and I could only boot into safe mode to uninstall the drivers. I returned the card to the guy I bought it from on Ebay and was sent a new card.

Ask if he's using Display Driver Uninstaller to properly uninstall the drivers.

I had driver issues (and a whole range of other problems) when I installed the Fall Creators Update Late last year (and this was a clean install, too), and I don't know how stable the latest Feature update is. Perhaps it's a Windows issue.

Back