RX-7 Touring car turbo kits do nothing now?

• Thread starter Dak
  • 6 comments

Dak

A couple days ago I had the High RPM range turbo kit installed and I believe IIRC 631PP. Last night I noticed it had 602PP and the Low RPM Range turbo kit installed. So I changed it back to the High RPM one. No change. For experimentation I bought the Medium RPM range an no change. 23,000 credit gone. Also after I put one of the bigger turbo kits on and exit out and then enter the car settings again it has reset it to the low RPM range one. This really pisses me off as I was using this car for the IA 15 min races and needed those PP. Anyway has anyone else had this issue with this car or any other one. It just started after the update and was the car I was in when It did the update. Thanks.

I've just now noticed this with the Skyline R32 Touring Car, maybe we have this bug happening with all of the touring cars.

This very thing also happened to the HSV-010 GT 15th Anniv '11 quite some months ago in an earlier version of the game and was subsequently fixed in an update.

Maybe it is a bug that will be fixed like before. I had bought the RX-7 LM race car to use only to find out with all power mods it was under the 631pp of the touring car I already had only to have this happen. I will just use it. I think it may be faster anyway even with a lower pp#

I noticed a similar-like thing with the Mazda AZ-1 where the High RPM turbo kit actually makes LESS power than the Mid-range turbo kit. But it could be explained with the power band of the car not shifting to high rpm even with the high rpm engine tuning.
Whats the powerband like of the RX7 touring car? is it broad in the mid range? does the power graph change at all when you switch it to High RPM turbo kit?

I noticed a similar-like thing with the Mazda AZ-1 where the High RPM turbo kit actually makes LESS power than the Mid-range turbo kit. But it could be explained with the power band of the car not shifting to high rpm even with the high rpm engine tuning.
Whats the powerband like of the RX7 touring car? is it broad in the mid range? does the power graph change at all when you switch it to High RPM turbo kit?

I don't remember exactly on the power band but IIRC it seems to be a mostly mid to top end power band. The graph doesn't change no matter which turbo kit I install now. Before the 1.14 update it did. PP, HP, and the graph all changed. Now nothing changes with the turbo kits.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-bugs-glitches-thread-new-op.291414/page-57#post-10284720
A link to my post in a different thread about the same problem. Can we make a list of know cars with this issue for awareness sake until their patched?

As per this post:
Myself being a drag tuner I play with turbos quite a bit, typically mid and high because in some occasions (stega wagon being most recent) the mid turbo will almost always make more torque and on rare occasions more power. This is, I believe, due to a cars power band being around the mid rpm range already if you will, thus when the turbo spools quickly it gains excessive horsepower in the mid range. The problem with this is many times shifting at a lower rpm compared to a higher rpm creates a sharper power curve, so your average horsepower is going to be lower than a high turbo, yet peak power may be higher.

Also, there is no real "high rpm engine tuning" just a stage 3 engine tuning kit. The rpm range typically depends on the engines stock characteristics. That could explain why you may be thinking this, which is a pretty honest and widely made mistake. I can't blame you, so I'm just letting you know. Hope I don't come off cocky at all. Just want to help clarify. Just in case if you still feel like something's wrong, let me know, I will buy the car tomorrow and test it. Just let me know.

This has happened from what I've seen on nearly all of the touring cars that I've tested, R34 touring car, R33 touring car, Subaru touring car, rx7 and R32

Hope they fix it soon I really want to drive my WRX touring car @ 600pp again

Back