RX7 settings

I have a 96 RX7 and i need to tune the suspension and brake bias to where when i trail brake it gives me a bit oversteer so i can flip the rear end around the corner...GT4 physics is very confusing :scared:

Please post you're suspension settings as well.

GTPlayer225
I have a 96 RX7 and i need to tune the suspension and brake bias to where when i trail brake it gives me a bit oversteer so i can flip the rear end around the corner...GT4 physics is very confusing :scared:

the rx-7 is my next project. i'll share w/ you what i find later.

boooger78
the rx-7 is my next project. i'll share w/ you what i find later.

thanlks for doing so... I tried messing w/ the suspension and all i got was way to much over steer or a little understeer. But i like the RX7 because it has ner=ar 50/50 weight balance, it's light, and it sounds way cool.

I have experienced a bit too much oversteer using these settings:

Car: 96 RX7 FD J
Power: 300 BHP
Weight: Stage 2 Reduction

Suspension:

Sring Rate: 9.6/7.7
Ride Height: 105/105
Shock Absorbers: 8/8
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizers: 5/5

Any posts of RWD cars w/ similar weight/power would be greatly appreciated. :)

Come on guys i know I'm a newb...at least i posted my settings instead of saying "SUSPENSION TUNE REQUEST". :irked:

Please help my RX7 handles like **** i thought they were supposed to be serious race machines...

So let the suspension tunings flow :D

GTPlayer225
So let the suspension tunings flow :D

==============================
Suspension:
Front Rear
SR 13.4 13.0
RH 89mm 92mm
SB 8 8
SR 8 8
CAM 2.0 2.0
TOE 0 0
STAB 7 7

Transmission:
Auto 13 Final 3.700
6th = 800

Brakes: 24/24
Tires: Racing Medium

Limited Slip Diff:
Front Rear
LImited Slip 15
Int Torq. (ACC) 45
Int Torq. (DEC) 60

ASM(Oversteer) 10
ASM(Understeer) 10
TCS 8
================================

If you look at my avatar, you'll know I like rotary engines. That said, I've gradually come to obsess with RX-7s since GT1 when I got sick of the Viper. I'd call myself an expert on RX-7s but I know there are people much better than I out there.

First off, I turn off TCS and ASM. This means you need to be easy on the gas, even in stock with the '90s models. It's a light car with 276bhp around 1200kg depending on the model. All of the 90s models anyway. Second, the stock Spirit-R and probably all the others, have soft suspension compared to the GT3 counterparts. It may be light, but by jerking it around, you'll be transferring weight all over the place.

So as far as driving the RX-7, go easy on it. Careful turning and controlled acceleration/deceleration. The less input, the better as far as cornering and braking. With the gas, don't hit it or floor it, ease into it.

As far as set-ups, I've found with full racing suspension in the first day of owning the game, lowering it all the way with springs stiffened by 1.0 each front and rear and a slight increase in camber drastically increased my turning performance. However, watch out for them rumble strips and curbs. Softening the shocks did not help me here (bound or rebound) so experiment a bit. I'll do the same and repost a better set up.

If you have a lot of power, a positive toe setting on the rear should help out. But the most important thing is to go easy!

Hey man,

Here's my basic set up for nearly every car that handles like the RX 7. It's a simple set up that you can use to get started on basicaly any RWD car.

1. RH: I've found that unlike other GT games it's nearly impossible to bottom out. So, I drop my rides down to about 5 ticks from the bottom.

2. Spring Rates: I usualy go anywhere from 3-5 full ticks from where they start at.

3. Shock Absorbers: I hope you're using a ORG kit from one of the aftermarket places at tuner city, otherwise get a race kit.

4. Shock Bound: I drop this down huge. Sounds strange, I know because it goes against what the info line at the bottom tells you to do, but try it out. Go to about 3 or 4

5. Shock Rebound: Drop this down as well, roughly to 3 or 4 over the bound so like at a 6 or 7

6. Camber: I leave this alone

7. Toe: I use a -1 in front and a +1 in the back end

8. LSD : The initial I drop to 5. ACC I drop to 15 and DEC to 10

9. ASMS : Drop these both to 2 and work from there. It's faster the less you have.

10. TCS: A 6 or 7 should do for this car... lots of wheel spin on this one.

11. Get a fin, set the back to about 15 and the front to about 10

12. Trans: Play with this as the track dictates.

13. Breaks: I use a 10-14 in front and a 12-16 in the back. Roughly 2 more in the back. It helps keep the tire wear even I find.

I know this is a bit more vague then you were probably after, but this way you can learn to tune your own cars the way you like em. I just find this is a good way to get em started. Now, I'm sure I'm going to get bashed for this, but this works for about 75% of the cars that I've used. It's not flawless, but I've found that this is a good starting point. Hope this helps... later and good gaming.

P.S. If you fancy a 4WD, drop all the front LSDs to 5 and shift as much power to the back wheels. Awesome for the Calibra and also for the Alfa Romeo touring car.

This is my favorite setup for RX-7's. Its for the Spirit, but I use it for other RX-7's too - making slight modifications.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A ‘02
All mods, S3 Tires, No wing - 639 hp

Spring 10.0/15.0
Height 93/95
Bound 2/4
Rebound 8/10
Camber 1.0/1.0
Toe 0/0
Stab. 2/7
Brake Balance 4/12

Transmission Auto setting 20
No ASM, TCS=1
Initial 20
Accel. 55
Decel. 35

RedWolfRacer
If you look at my avatar, you'll know I like rotary engines. That said, I've gradually come to obsess with RX-7s since GT1 when I got sick of the Viper. I'd call myself an expert on RX-7s but I know there are people much better than I out there.

First off, I turn off TCS and ASM. This means you need to be easy on the gas, even in stock with the '90s models. It's a light car with 276bhp around 1200kg depending on the model. All of the 90s models anyway. Second, the stock Spirit-R and probably all the others, have soft suspension compared to the GT3 counterparts. It may be light, but by jerking it around, you'll be transferring weight all over the place.

So as far as driving the RX-7, go easy on it. Careful turning and controlled acceleration/deceleration. The less input, the better as far as cornering and braking. With the gas, don't hit it or floor it, ease into it.

As far as set-ups, I've found with full racing suspension in the first day of owning the game, lowering it all the way with springs stiffened by 1.0 each front and rear and a slight increase in camber drastically increased my turning performance. However, watch out for them rumble strips and curbs. Softening the shocks did not help me here (bound or rebound) so experiment a bit. I'll do the same and repost a better set up.

If you have a lot of power, a positive toe setting on the rear should help out. But the most important thing is to go easy!
i guess its all in da tuning then. my spirit i can floor the bastard and i wont peel off. even my bathurst with hards on i can floor it around a corner. hmmm o well.

pmgolf
This is my favorite setup for RX-7's. Its for the Spirit, but I use it for other RX-7's too - making slight modifications.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A ‘02
All mods, S3 Tires, No wing - 639 hp

Spring 10.0/15.0
Height 93/95
Bound 2/4
Rebound 8/10
Camber 1.0/1.0
Toe 0/0
Stab. 2/7
Brake Balance 4/12

Transmission Auto setting 20
No ASM, TCS=1
Initial 20
Accel. 55
Decel. 35

My "Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A ‘02" only makes 611 :( where did u get the extra ponies? (ps. i'm no nitrous)

GTPlayer225

My suggestion...

Use the default suspension settings...

Then adjust your brake balancer to "3/4"
That will give your rear brakes just a bit more power (the smallest amount possible).

It's a bad idea to throw off the balance too much because it will cause an incredible change in the car's performance under braking (and that change might not necessarily be for the good).

After you try that, if you aren't getting the results you want, then switch the brake balance back to default and come into this thread with a more detailed post about what you want to achieve (specifically, what track you are trying to lap).

Ah yes, the track you are trying to lap!
That's the key to this...

Come back and post what track it is you are most concerned with and we will be able to help you more than you may expect.

The track can make all the difference. 👍

Oh, and please avoid double and triple posting please. :cheers:

Here are your genuine '96 RX7 settings!

These settings worked well with me but you may need to play with the driving aids to suit your driving style.

If you find these settings useful please let me know via the red tick.

OK

Cheers

T4 GTR

Attachments

• 96.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 49
quati
do u have some 02' RX-7 great Racing & Drifting settings??

Do I ever? YES INDEED

Racing & Drifting

If you find these settings useful please let me know via the red tick.

Cheers

T4 GTR

Attachments

• '02 RX7 Drift.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 23
  • '02 RX7 Racing.doc
    49.5 KB · Views: 48
I'd post my settings but...I f'en lost my memory card. I haven't play GT4 for a few months now. But I do remember that my Spirit R, ran a fast ass time on Tsukuba (Dry).

When I or if I even find my memory card. I'll post up my settings.

Here my settings every stage 3 part or the one that gives you the most hp you might be able to run on racing medium tyres but Iran on super slicks.:) :sly:
spring rate 8/11
ride hight 89/100
bound 4/4
rebound 6/6
camber 3/2
stablizers 3/5

inital 20
accel 20
deccel 10

brake baballance 13/13

aids none

Here my settings every stage 3 part or the one that gives you the most hp you might be able to run on racing medium tyres but Iran on super slicks.:) :sly:
spring rate 8/11
ride hight 89/100
bound 4/4
rebound 6/6
camber 3/2
stablizers 3/5

inital 20
accel 20
deccel 10

brake baballance 13/13

aids none

A brake ballance of 13/13 wtf on that don't you slide or spin out with that.:confused:
My brakes are set to 4/2

inital 25
accel 35
deccel 35

camber 2.6/0.6
And it handles like a dream on matter what tyres I have on it.:sly:

Latest Posts

Back