ryzno's Honda. And the Work Horse, Big Mama#2...

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 13 comments

ryzno

Slowest of the Fastest!!
(Banned)
United States
Dahlonega, GA
ryzno
As far as my Van there's not much to say. The floor is Swiss Cheese and it has A/C. All I've had to do since I bought it. I got a steal from a company($1600), their fleet had hit the 200k mi. end of warranty. All I have had to do as far as major repairs is: rebuild the Transmission, replace the Power Steering pump, replace the fuel pump with 3/4 of a tank of gas(mind you she holds 50 gallons), and I just recently had a freeze plug spring a leak. The reason the grill and bumper looks burnt is, from what the company owner said, it threw the crankshaft pulley:eek:. Thus why I had to replace the power steering pump.

Here she is in all her ugliness. I'll save you the gag and keep it to 1 pic.

Big Mama 1.jpg

Now we get to my pride and joy. I can't tell you the blood sweat and tears I've put into her but I present, The Honda!

Honda 1.jpg

Honda 2.jpg

Honda 3.jpg

Honda 4.jpg

Going on 25. This is the last year of emmisions!! Thank freaking god, time to gut the CAT's!:crazy:
Honda 6.jpg
My Dual 2 1/2" fart can! With a little timing adjustment I got the tin can sound out of her. Now she can set off alarms and vibrate 50 year old apartment windows at start up.:dopey:

As you can see she's no beauty. But she run's strong.
I've redone the suspension, brakes, and fuel system, lines and all. I removed the engine and transmission to get them rebuilt.
Thanks to her previous life of being a "mule" and a good love tap. The passenger side rear tire is around 2 1/2 degrees off, with positive camber. Speeds over 95 feel a little shall I say unsafe?:odd:

Here's my FB with a few more pics of my baby and me:dopey:. Let me know if it don't work.

*Side note, Brother JR(as our circle calls him). The guy you will see on the right taught me everything I know about car audio systems. And the Honda wouldn't be on the road without you bro!:cheers:

Sorry out of beans:indiff:

... Hey, I know that engine bay!
... Hey, I know that gauge cluster!
... You on CB7Tuner?

I'm building an H22, after which I'll be getting a CB wagon for it. I miss my old sedan so much, it's surprising how good these cars are even compared to today's standards.

No. But a Honda head at the part store, told me to check out CB7 and Bisimoto, after I told him, I was told by Skunk 2, to do a K seires swap.
He said, I can swap H series parts for stock parts with no modifications and get a power increase. Without the hassles of the V-TEC system. When she get's to the right point and my money agrees. I'll look into swaps and a paint job.
I was told you get a "care package" from Honda. If you can prove it hits 500k mi. I'm not sure about that. But they gave a dude in Maine a new car for hitting a million miles. I kinda find that hard to believe, considering he lived in Maine...

Bisimoto doesn't really do anything for Hondas anymore. He might still offer tunes if you drive out there, I don't know, but Honda parts are pretty much gone from their website. They're all about high-end cars now, particularly old 911s. I think they're ditching Hondas to heighten their public image. As for swapping H-series parts onto your F22, the only bolt-on I can think of at the moment is the H23A1's (4th-gen Prelude non-VTEC twin cam) intake manifold. An H22 swap can use the Accord's stock engine mounts and axles (and transmission, if you wanted to keep it); all you really have to do is modify the F22's engine harness. A K-swap is still very expensive and involves a ton of custom parts, just because our chassis isn't nearly as popular as the Civic/Integra.

The current owner of CB7Tuner has a Fit with 400,000+ miles on it because his job has him driving all over the New York/Jersey area. I've put almost 100k miles on my RSX in the 3 years I've had it. Anyone anywhere can rack up miles, it just depends on their habits.

Honda 10.jpg
Honda 11.jpg

Yes that is a coat hanger antenna. #priorities
Honda 12.jpg

I'm sure you can guess what the damage was from... #I C U
Honda 13.jpg

As you can see I did not paint parts matte black. She's earned her loss of clear coat and the beginnings of rust.:banghead:
Honda 14.jpg
Honda 15.jpg
Honda 16.jpg

Yep. Baby on board.
Honda 17.jpg
I got a quick funny story about the front bumper.
I was trying to pull out of a parking spot(in the van). After my girl refuses to go first, so I could safely pull out of the spot. So in a fit of rage I pulled out and ripped off the front bumper(with the rear wheel well). Obviously a unplanned replacement.
(after thought I'm surprised I found a bumper cover in a junk yard.) #scrapper

I hope that you can bring that CB7 back to its stellar glory :-) nice car there. Last I talked with the Bisimoto guys they are still sleeving blocks. If you need anything for the car you can send me a message. I unfortunately have one that will be ending up in the scrap yard :-(.

I hope that you can bring that CB7 back to its stellar glory :-) nice car there. Last I talked with the Bisimoto guys they are still sleeving blocks. If you need anything for the car you can send me a message. I unfortunately have one that will be ending up in the scrap yard :-(.
Man it's literally been a year to day in this thread. Well lets see what to update first.
Thank you for the offer @miata13B at the time I didn't need anything for it. Sorry you had to part with yours, what happened to it an accident?

Well the Honda is going through her problems right now, earlier this year my RF lower ball joint let go and ripped out the entire corner axle and all. I fixed that and now the steering gear is lose, I assume from the accident. I have to give it to wifey, she kept it dead strait and didn't lose it at 45-50 mph:cheers:

I also broke the rear motor mount(under the intake) racing a Dodge Charger. He had to have had the V6 cause I beet him by a car and a half with sports mode.

I do have a odd question, is there ANY way to replace the voltage regulator without having to replace the entire fuse panel and half the harness? I've been eating alternators and batteries since I blew my Amp for the subs forgot to turn it off before said race. I haven't replaced it, but I did completely disconnect it from the power system.

Now as far as the van, I'm getting ready to go to Pull a Part, to find 3 solenoids for it(we can't find anywhere that has them except Ford and they want an arm, a leg and the van lol. She failed emissions for the first time and it seems everything went to hell. One solenoid is for the EVAP system, the other 2 are for the secondary air injection system.

I have till September 9th to figure it out. I have had to give a 30 day notice on all my contracts so I don't get fined if I can't fix it in time. That said I'll lose the contracts and have to start my business from square one. Easier said then done, when I've put the equivalent of a down payment into trying to fix this thing:banghead:

Y'all take it easy.:cheers:

Well the Honda is going through her problems right now, earlier this year my RF lower ball joint let go and ripped out the entire corner axle and all. I fixed that and now the steering gear is lose, I assume from the accident. I have to give it to wifey, she kept it dead strait and didn't lose it at 45-50 mph:cheers:

I also broke the rear motor mount(under the intake) racing a Dodge Charger. He had to have had the V6 cause I beet him by a car and a half with sports mode.
Well the Honda is going into surgery starting today. First off is the steering gear and rear mount. I figured I'd do both at the same time so I have more room to work, with the intake out of the way. And my other project on the Honda is adjustable control arms for the rear. When I changed the shocks and springs it altered my ride height and camber, I do find it odd that it didn't affect the front. Damn thing ate a set of brand new tires in 3 months! 3.2 and 3.5 it should only be 1.5. Camber bad! Bad camber! The tires literally looked like a cone!
This time I'm going to try and do a proper photo shoot while I replace everything. Wish the Honda and I luck.

As for the van. I'm still debating on rebuilding it or retiring it. The entire steering system needs to be replaced. Tie rods are shot. And the spindles are grooved bad. I can literally move the wheels about an inch in any direction. You can imagine how much fun that is to drive. I tried replacing the rotors and bearings. Felt good for the first week and that was it.
The engine, definitely needs to be rebuilt. The freeze plug that was replaced with a rubber sandwich plug is leaking from the heat of the exhaust. And the knocking is getting worse. She still fires up faithfully though.
And to top it off the differential needs to be rebuilt, it clunks when changing gears.

I'd say get rid of the van and either put the money towards a better one or towards stuff for the Accord. I would imagine getting the engine and diff rebuilt/replaced, not to mention all the suspension work it needs, would be more than it's worth, and you never know what else might start going after you spend all of that time and money on just those things.

I agree with Aerocoupe here. With that many miles, that van isn't really going to be worth much. It's really a matter of deciding if it's worth putting several thousand dollars into a van that's worth a thousand or so.

I briefly owned a '93 Accord EX. I didn't really get to drive it much, sadly the car was totaled by a drunk driver. I really did like it though, a smidge down on power compared to the Taurus SHOs I worked on everyday for a living at the time, but made up for it by being better at everything else.

A family member owns a E250 van much like yours, has the 300 inline 6. The engine is fine, 600k miles with decent maintenance, the rest of the Van not

A family member owns a E250 van much like yours, has the 300 inline 6. The engine is fine, 600k miles with decent maintenance, the rest of the Van not
I have a '96, the last year of the I-6, from what I can find. I honestly love the pull it has, slow on the top end though... But as you said the van itself is shot.(Approx. 300k, odometer doesn't work)
I've done the math and on top of said repairs. In August(my birthday) I have to do emissions again. Even with rebuilding the engine it still won't pass. I need to replace both CATs and a few solenoids. I'd honestly be happy with a rebuild. The government, not so much. And it's 5 more years before I don't have to do emissions on the van.
So, sadly I will be parting with this van and buying a newer van from Ford.:(:(:(:(
Hopefully I can get something better than the last 2 Craigslist ads.
-------------------------
Now, the Honda... I promised pictures so here we go.
Tie Rod L.jpeg
Left Front
Tie Rod R.jpeg
Right Front
Old Gear.jpeg
The Old Gear
The Problem.jpeg
The Problem
The New Gear.jpeg
The New Gear, for, The New Year!
Rear Before.jpeg
Rear Control Arm Before
Rear After.jpeg
Rear Control Arm After

Sadly. After all that, I still can't get the damn car aligned right!!!🤬🤬🤬:banghead::banghead:🤬:banghead:
(EDIT: I did do both sides)After I installed the adjustable rear upper control arms, I took it for an alignment. The rear is still out of wack! The eccentric bolts on the lower control arms are rusted and siezed up. So I now have something else to replace.
Thankfully, I'm getting closer to my goal in persuading wifey to go fully adjustable custom suspension.
Don't tell her that was my idea from the get go!:sly:

Last edited:
.jpg
Finally got my historic tag!!!
And I have replaced the antenna and put LED lights in the rear, front next. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

Back