S-1 is really hard!!

• Thread starter mickyboro
  • 15 comments
mickyboro
Hi all,

Loving the game but cannot get anywhere on this, I'm using the 111R Lotus and cannot get better than 4th. I've tried all sorts of messing around with stuuf but cant get anywhere. Any ideas on tuning or is another car any better.

Cheers

Your in the same boat as me although I have only managed 14 in a ferrari f430. I bought the two Lotuses but I can't tune them at all. Somewhere I read the NSX is a good choice but without help in the quicktune I might as well get a milk float.

I tried the Lotus and gave up after about three tunes. I broke down and used the NSX Type R '02 per IGN guide, and you can basically bump the HP and reduce weight to get 630pt then play with gear ratios a bit for 3rd and 4th, got 3rd place on my 2nd try. Good luck.

Take the M3 and you should be able ot lower the weight to 85% and add a few extra hp...thats how i beat S-1...Make sure the TUNED ELISE(not the 111R) is not in the top 5

I tried the 111R Lotus and the NSX Typer R '02. I was a slow as a slug compared to the rest, although I didn't make any mistakes the last few times.

I even went so far as to change the brake bias so I don't swing out each time I hit the brakes with the 111R. (Yep, even on a straight line.)

If you have beat it, it would be great to put down your setup. It would be even greater if I found some vids of the S1 race somewhere. :grumpy:
I have NO idea what i'm doing wrong. I haven't touched the gears yet though.

Speed is my main problem I think, cause I can't even get halfway up the pack, no matter how wild or calm I drive.

Try the Tuned Clio V6, it doesn't require a whole lot of tuning to get 1st with that one.

Managed to beat it, 2nd place. Power +1, decreasing downforce to the bare minimum and making the car as heavy as possible (one notch from the top).
Making the gears as short as possible also and brake bias tuned.

Didn't touch camber and all that other stuff yet. Wonder if I could squeeze a little more stability out of it. But i'm amazed how this car changed. :dopey:

I'll post the excact results tomorrow.
I think I should have bought the regular tuned version of the Lotus Elise though, as it was like out of my sights most of the time, while the other 111R weren't that much behind.

I think for the most part it was my gearing + that little bit of extra power. lol

I'm sure he's done it by now. This thread is over a year old. lol

Which means you don't need to keep posting in this thread. Also there is an edit button to save you double posting, just ammend the last post you made.

Which means you don't need to keep posting in this thread. Also there is an edit button to save you double posting, just ammend the last post you made.

Point out my double post genius.

And in case you had any doubt, I don't need your permission to post in this thread or any other.

Back