S-4 Ferrari 599 challenge

GTP_vanuber7
This is the last event I need to complete but i'm having lots of trouble. So far, i've had plenty of tries with TCS on 1 and all other aids off (simulation physics) and the best I can finish is 6th and at least 5-6 seconds behind the close group of 5 cars up front :nervous:

Apart from practice, can anyone give me any advice of different setups or ways of getting through the mad pile ups at every turn :lol: Any help is greatly appreciated :sly:

I did it with all aids off, but yes, this one was the hardest for me also. You just have to be really careful in the beginning, and really learn where the right spots are for overtaking (stay on the inside in the first turns left, then on the outside in the first big turn right, then on the inside the next turn left, and then slipstream as much as you can on the straight bits.

Change your steering setting from Pro to Beginner. That will gain you around 5 seconds :(
And as Arwin says, push hard, but stay clean. And carry lots of speed through the last 3rd gear chicanes so you can pass the last 7 or so cars on the last banked corner.

Cheers, i'm not sure what steering setting i've got at the mo but i'll change it. Is this done through the options menu or is it included in the setup screen?

Even the steering stuff I have on Pro mode ... :P That setting isn't available on all type of wheels though I think, right?

Pro mode for wheels is only for non-DFP-G25 wheels.

Noob mode is actualy called "Normal" mode, since it is GT4's arcade mode physics more-less. :) It is located on pre-race menu, and it is "shorter-text" of the second option. Longer text means professional.

As for S-4, here is the walktrough - and it can only be done on "Normal/Noob" mode. Drive behind the SL55, brake early and try to overpass it from inside (watch the blue wall) on turn 1. Do not hurry to overpass TVR, you have time.

Let the TVR do its mayhem on the first 180 turn. Keep the outer side of turn to avoid any collisions and keep your speed. When exiting, you should be somewhere behind R8 and/or Lexus because other cars are taking inner-side of turn and they all brake heavily. You have enogh power to keep up with them, but be aware of the incoming middle-180 turn. Keep the inner side this time and try to get in front of Lexus when exiting. You can easily overpass the M3 before exiting to oval, or just after getting to oval.

Use the draft to catch R8/other car, and you should be around 7/8 seconds behind leading gruop just before entering the oval-chicane. The chicane is crucial, you have to have fast-in/fast-out, and mantaining the balance is crucial. Your exit speed should catapult you to the rears of leading group, and then you need minimum skill to overtake them seconds before finish line.

Your main problem are penalties, so key is to aviod any contact. 599 power is more then enough for this event, so just master the process. I earned 100 million in hour and so by this event, so it's worth it :)

Thanks for the in depth info amar :) I was beginning to wonder whether it was one of those missions where you have to use the 'arcady' physics to get gold. So far, i've religiously stuck with the much more challenging simulation physics and tried to get the best i could but looks like i'm gonna have to give in :lol:

I guess the lesson is to be patient on the very tight infield section and be in the right place at the right time and as you say it a huge moneymaker so will come in handy 💡

You can use pro steering option (not to be confused with pro physics) on the G25/DFP but it doesnt make any difference, when you choose choose steering wheel options and go down to the second box you will notice the picture of wheel above grays out for the DFP.

Of course it is....... just DFP is a 900 degree wheel and doesnt warrant those settings like the others.

Back