S-6 F40 Race thoughts

• Thread starter mef
  • 14 comments

mef

Antarctica
Antarctica
Hi there,
last night I managed to get through this finally, but only at bronze. I used pro physics and not using any cheats or shortcuts :)

I really wonder if anybody has golded this on pro physics. Any youtube videos on pro physics? (there are plenty of cheaters out there using non-pro physics too, yawn...)

The other thing I wondered, did anybody else notice a difference in this race compared to time trial regarding grip levels?
I tuned my F40 using the Online 750PP event that is currently on but the settings I arrived yet were a _lot_ more tailhappy in the race and I am not sure why.

Grip levels were lower especially when running behind cars or when in a car group. Am I imagining this or is there a concept of how much rubber is on the track in GT5P?
And what about aerodynamic disturbance? At higher speeds (>140kmh) I also felt grip levels dropped down when slipstreaming. Noticed this accelerating up the hill in dunlop curve, very slippy and after the hairpin.
Are they simulating this in GT5P?

It's cool if this is all in the game but sometimes I wasn't sure whether I was losing grip because of the above or because some dumb AI driver pushed my tail around (which happens a LOT in this event :yuck:)

If anybody is struggling in this even I can dig out my tune settings.

M.

I am almost 100% certain you can't beat it on pro physics.

Lack of grip is a killer for times, and AI is not slower on PRO.

That race remains my GT5:P favorite and driving it clean - even on STD - is a great achievement.

Congrats on bronze, bronze is like gold on PRO 👍

Hi mef,

It's good to find your thread because I'm struggling with S-6 in pro physics.
Going standard will make it much easier, but I don't want to compromise.

My best is 5th so far, one second behind the bronze.
I think it's critical to use closed gear ratio for faster acceleration.

Could you share your settings?

There are alot of people who have all gold. Im not you of them :lol: I still have bronze on that one aswell en the rest is silver or better. Maybe i should gie it ago after more then a year.

Why the diffrents beteween TT en S6. In S6 you run on R1 (if im not mistaken) and your alloud to tune. The TT is stock on S2 tires. That makes a huge diffrents

There are alot of people who have all gold.

None of which have any replays on youtube to prove it. Just standard physics...

I'm happy to be corrected, Roomboter so please pass along any link you may be aware of.

On top of my head this is what I remember:

- close gear ratio, as close as you can so, that you can run most curves in a good rev range and don't run out on the final straight. I only adjusted the final gear slider, think final settings was 3.9

- I also played with the rear spring settings a bit to make it a bit less tail happy. I left the front.

- Lowered car by 5 mill on both front and back. Lowering it to minimum was too low, it lifted off when I ran over curbs which you have to do

I hope I still have my exact settings at home, will post back later

M.

lyfeb, I dug out my F40 settings.
Hope this helps!

M.

F40 S-6 Settings, Pro Physics, tuned for wheel users

Power: -18
Weight: 85%
Tyres: S3 (event locked)
Aero: 0/5 (event locked)

Ride height: -10/-10
Springs: 3/4
Damper: 3/3
Toe In/Out: 0.0/-0.3
Camber: 0.5/0.5
Brake Balance: 10/10
Max Turning Angle: 40

TCS: off
ABS: 1

Gears:
1st 2.77
2nd 1.71
3rd 1.23
4th 0.96
5th 0.77
Final: 4.00 (set this first as it will change the above)

mef
Roomboter, your post was well intended but these tunes arent for S-6.

S6 is event locked to S3 tyres and 627 perf points, the above tunes are maxed out for 750pp and running R3

M.

I know, but you can use the ride height spring damper and so on. I use tunes all the time that ar not specificly made for the amout of PP i need, so i adjust the the tyres power and weight to the amout od PP's i need. And take over the rest like ride height spring damper and so on.

Be creative

I achieved silver after a long long struggle back in the day when I did this (professional physics). I checked through my replays as I remember celebrating this with several Schumacher Fists (actually Boris Becker!) and I was thinking I had saved that moment of glory, can't find it though. So no back up from me, either, but trust I wouldn't waste my time here making that up just to polish my ego, life is too short.

I think I only managed because the F-40 was (is) one of my favorites to drive. That said I also remember just how far the first car was in front when it crosses the line (wasn't that the black mask?) and I also recall how I had to push myself past the R8(?) at Casio with a maneuver surely NOT clean as far as the ORL go :lol:. I think it must have taken me a hundred attempts (seriously) to manage that 2nd place, and it was ever so tight.

So my advice can only be the same as given by others: practice !!!!
I set my car up as per event specs and hot lapped it online with the right tyres and PP (627 or so?) until I really got the max out of the setup and my capabilities. And then, all of the sudden, the second position happend! :)

But again, the pos 1 car is so far away I never bothered even trying for that. For me not a snowflakes chance in hell!!! So if someone does have a replay scoring gold with prof physics please share, I'd be very keen to see it being done! 👍

I am almost 100% certain you can't beat it on pro physics.

Lack of grip is a killer for times, and AI is not slower on PRO.

That race remains my GT5:P favorite and driving it clean - even on STD - is a great achievement.

Congrats on bronze, bronze is like gold on PRO 👍
It's possible to achieve gold in pro physics without penalties, though even raming or playing to pinball with the others IA cars is very difficult to achieve that goal.
I wonder why PD put this event there when the "no car contact" should be a degree of the fair play rules and when this event can't be achieved in gold without touching another car (proof or it didn't happen).

To achieve gold, aside of the dirty ramming in the middle of the race, in my opinion if you want to pass cleanly the GT-R Black Mask you'll need to knock out the Audi R8 and if you pass cleanly the Audi R8 you'll need to knock out the Black Mask.
I had in mind that maybe if could pass cleanly the GT-R Black Mask I could have won it as reward 💡 but that didn't happen. :dunce:

This is my setup for the F-40:

CAR DATA
========

Maker ............. : Ferrari
Model ............. : F-40
Performance Points : 627 PTS
Track ............. : Suzuka

SETTINGS
========

Power (CV) ........ : 422
Weight (Kg) ....... : 1149
Tyres ............. : S3/S3
Aerodynamics ...... : 0/5

Ride Height (mm) .. : -14MM/-11MM
Spring Rate ....... : 8/6
Damper ............ : 5/3
Toe (OUT/IN) ...... : +0.10/+0.05
Camber Angle (-) .. : 2.0/2.0
Brake Balance ..... : 8/9
F/R Torque Distrib. : -/-
Max Turning Angle . : 42º
Traction Control .. : OFF
ABS ............... : 1

TRANSMISSION
============

1st .... : 2346
2nd .... : 1620
3rd .... : 1250
4th .... : 1010
5th .... : 0846
6th .... : 0000
7th .... : 0000
Final .. : 4115

Here are attached two of my S-6 tests in pro physics (PAL version) where can be seen what I've explained about the last two cars.

I wonder why PD put this event there when the "no car contact" should be a degree of the fair play rules and when this event can't be achieved in gold without touching another car (proof or it didn't happen).

Exactly my thoughts when I played this. I was annoyed, it's impossible to gold this without driving like an ahole or flat out cheating by skipping sections of the course.

I had in mind that maybe if could pass cleanly the GT-R Black Mask I could have won it as reward 💡 but that didn't happen. :dunce:

Was the GTR-Black Mask not the prize for completing S-Class?

I think that's what I got.

M.

mef
Was the GTR-Black Mask not the prize for completing S-Class?

I think that's what I got.
I don't remember if I got a car as prize for completing the S-Class but I assure you that I didn't win that car.

So, do you have a GT-R Black Mask in your garage?

Back