S-7 Best car to use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter No Surrender
  • 21 comments
  • 6,643 views
Messages
30
As the title says, what do you think is the best car to use on this race?

I have already tried the Lotus Tuned and The mines Skyline.
 
As the title says, what do you think is the best car to use on this race?

I have already tried the Lotus Tuned and The mines Skyline.

yeh i am stugling with this race, i need a car that can keep up with the cars in front on the straights, i might try the Ford GT Spec II Test Car
 
I think I used the Elise 111R Tuned for this.
 
After posting this thread i tried it with the lotus again, not the 111R, and i did it :)

Had to do 5 almost perfect laps as the S2000 at the front was flying.
 
After posting this thread i tried it with the lotus again, not the 111R, and i did it :)

Had to do 5 almost perfect laps as the S2000 at the front was flying.

which lotus, the one from the concept by gt?
 
How guys keep the 111R rear from coming loose? I guess I need more practice with the car.
 
I took one point of dampening out of the front and added two pints of spring and dampening to the rear. Then set the downforce one down up front, one up in rear. It seamed to like it a lot you can really hall the mail on corner exit, it did pick up just a tad of understeer if you enter the corner a bit to hot so be mindfull of that. O and took one point of braking out of the rear as well.
 
I beat that one with the Amuse S2000, make the gear ratio's shorter to be able to keep up with the pack on te straight and be sure to be able to catch a draft going onto the straight.
 
Finally managed to conquer this race yesterday using the 111R tuned. If it is any help here are the settings I used ( and yes I know this should go in the settings thread! )

Power 307 +24
Weight 586 85
Aerodynamics 20 / 35
Ride Height 0 / 0
Spring Rate 3 / 3
Damper 5 / 5
Toe -0.50 /+0.50
Camber 2.5 /1.5
Brake balance 5 / 5
Turning angle 30
Traction Control 2
ABS 1

6th Gear to 0.800 and Final to 3.999.

This setting may not be to everybodys liking so don't blast me for it. Hopefully it will help someone. I managed to eliminate the rear spinning tendencies which afflict this car and enabled a win of about 5 - 6 secs.

nige
 
Hey nige your a bloody legend, I got first in 2 tries using these settings compared to the 50 million times I have tried with all the other 111r Tuned settings. Cheers. Now I just need an S-10 cure.
 
Hey nige your a bloody legend, I got first in 2 tries using these settings compared to the 50 million times I have tried with all the other 111r Tuned settings. Cheers. Now I just need an S-10 cure.
Glad to be of help 👍 Anybody help with the F40 mission? :crazy::grumpy: I know this is not the right thread, perhaps you could PM me?!

nige
 
that setup for the 111r tuned is only 685pp ?

WHat kind of laptimes are u guys doing, im doing low 1.45 high 1.44 (with all aids off, pro mode) and it's not really working out :(
 
This is about the best I can do so far (end of each lap) using Nige's setup

+10.645/1’49.475/6th
+8.525/1’43.241/5th
+7.647/1’44.335/3rd
+7.131/1’43.328/3rd
+7.935/1’43.720/3rd

I did make some mistakes on laps 3 and 5 so I can probably do better but I don't think enough to make the difference. Massive improvement on what I was doing before the tuning though.

Edit - Did a little better on the 2nd try, lost it with a silly penalty on lap 3 though.

+10.883/1’49.724/7th
+8.246/1’42.811/4th
+8.868/1’45.252/3rd
+6.548/1’42.875/2nd
+5.652/1’44.003/2nd

Y'know...this stupid penalty system isn't helping my temper...I'm fed up of being rammed and receiving a penalty. It's like football...soon you won't be allowed to touch another car.
 
I thought I would mention (excusing stating the obvious) but Nige's setup is no longer valid post patch. I also found that my Ford GT settings had to be changed for the same reason. I think I may use the Amuse S2000 for this as I am keen to use a variety of cars.
 
Is S-7 the 700points 5laps event at Fuji Speedway?
I was also struggling with this race, but one day I decided to try it with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Tuned (Concept by GT) and it turned out to be a fairly easy win.
The car is fast at corners and it has better stability then the Lotus Concept by GT or the Ford GT Spec II Test Car.
Try it. :)
 
Yeah I used the 111R and changed the gear ratios.. left the suspension settings all as default.

Took a couple of attempts but got it in the end
 
Is S-7 the 700points 5laps event at Fuji Speedway?
I was also struggling with this race, but one day I decided to try it with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Tuned (Concept by GT) and it turned out to be a fairly easy win.
The car is fast at corners and it has better stability then the Lotus Concept by GT or the Ford GT Spec II Test Car.
Try it. :)



I tried this car and found it really slow for a 700 point car. Yes it was easy to drive., but finished way down the pack. I could not even win the 680 race at Daytona in this car, It is just so slow.
Also could not win the 630 point race at Daytona road course in this thing, but I can win in a 07 WRX, with less than 630 pefrormance points.

I like the Elise 111R for this event.
The Tuned Skyline Coupe from Concept GT was better than the Evo X Tuned.
 
I used the Amuse S2000 with the weight and power tweaked to bring it down to 700PP. I used standard phyics for S7 and S10 though, which made them too easy. I overtook the opponent in 1st place at the beginning of lap 4 on S10. I will go back and do them two again on Pro one day.

The 630PP race at Daytona I did in a Ferrari F430 on Pro physics. The A.I brakes horribly early on Daytona, so that's where I made up the most ground.
 
Finally managed to conquer this race yesterday using the 111R tuned. If it is any help here are the settings I used ( and yes I know this should go in the settings thread! )

Power 307 +24
Weight 586 85
Aerodynamics 20 / 35
Ride Height 0 / 0
Spring Rate 3 / 3
Damper 5 / 5
Toe -0.50 /+0.50
Camber 2.5 /1.5
Brake balance 5 / 5
Turning angle 30
Traction Control 2
ABS 1

6th Gear to 0.800 and Final to 3.999.

This setting may not be to everybodys liking so don't blast me for it. Hopefully it will help someone. I managed to eliminate the rear spinning tendencies which afflict this car and enabled a win of about 5 - 6 secs.

nige

Thanks for posting your setup/tunes ^^b

Had bit of trouble though, I tried inputting your tuning settings onto mine for S-7 race but the PP goes over. Is there something with an update that changed this? And yes, I'm using the 111R Tuned. I only have S-6, S-7, S-10 to finish off and I'll be a much happier person lol.

Additional info: [US ver], [Using Regular, non dualshock controller] Don't know if this will help any but trying to include as much as possible.

Thanks for any answers and help. I appreciate it.

Edit: Seems I missed one vital reply on here that basically answered my question. Sorry for the trouble. Does anyone know a good setup / car for Event S-7? I'm struggling like crazy :/
 
Back