S-8 Gold Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter mizx
  • 4 comments
  • 863 views
Messages
265
United Kingdom
Somerset
Messages
zu3-
Has anyone completed this test with Gold? Just wondering if anyone has some tips, I've found the super licence is fairly easy, but this test is becoming a real pain.

First of all, I'm not sure if the other tests had ASM enabled, but with the 8C at least the ASM does nothing more than hinder. The seemingly random colision penalties aren't helping either, I can sideswipe the Aston while passing it through the first corner, but on another try I don't even have to breathe on the Zonda and its a fail...

It also seems strange that whether I pass Countach into Dunlop or Degner, I'm no closer to the XJ220 on the way up to the hairpin.
 
Last edited:
When i completed this one i was in front of the xj220 and the other car thats in 3rd thru the tunnel before the hairpin and i was on the GTR's bumper going round it.
 
I've got it now, I was slowing too much for Degner, thanks anyway.
 
This was the hardest S licence for me too.
You need to drive aggressively and use the late braking technique.
Try to past the zonda from the inside and then the R8 & the white Aston Martin from the outside (left).
Next Corner pass the Black Aston Martin from the inside(left) and stay outside to pass the white Ferrari.
You should pass the the red Countach then and stay close to the Jaguar and the Lotus.
Pass both of them while braking very late at the very tight left hairpin.
Accelerate smooth and try to follow the 2 cars in front.
You need to drive smooth and get the right speed right before the big straight in order to slipstream.
I overtook thr GT-R right before the last S bend.
you need to practice it , good luck. :)

edit: i just saw you got it so ignore my post...
 
This one was giving me fit last night too....I had to muscle my way by the Zonda and R8 in turn one and squeezed by everyone else up to Aston by the exit of the Turn 2 and pass the Maser in the 2nd turn of the Esses. Then push by the F430 and the Countach in the long up hill left hand and Just try to catch the XJ and the Spyker in the entry into the hairpin and try to stay with the GTR and the California within braking distance the whole way to the chicane. I had a lot of problem in Spoon curve and finally got it right and passed both GTR and California in the chicane to Gold that...

The ASM really kills me here as it really kills your power on corner exit...
 
Back