S-Class Mission Race S-5 (nürb)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Villeit
  • 23 comments
  • 5,866 views
Messages
21
Sweden
Sweden
Messages
HuddingePacket
So finally managed to gold this event, but took me 3 separate sittings and each on 1,5 hours (ca 4,5 hrs) . I landed a time on 7.49.3 and some. Gold is 7.50.

I could probably squeeze the time with a couple of seconds as I got quite defensive after the long straight in the last few bends just to make sure I'm not in the walls or hit the rivaling car's bumper.

The Ford GT is require so detailed steering and careful throttle control! This is by far the toughest challenge in gt6 for me.

So how much time have you spent on this challenge and what times have you got?

And has anyone managed to beat the rival on the long straight? Or finish first? (I got first on one of my silver runs, but passed the rival on the first bend after the long straight with some sheer luck).
 
I loved this challenge ... License test S4 and S5 took more of my time though ... its been three months so I don't know the details anymore, but i sure know I enjoyed it!

If you ever played the old GT versions you probably remember the Ford GT on Seattle test ... that was quite a handful too ... these kinds of challenges are what I expect of GT ....

I sure hope we get more of those through seasonals or DLC

👍 Enjoy!
 
So finally managed to gold this event, but took me 3 separate sittings and each on 1,5 hours (ca 4,5 hrs) . I landed a time on 7.49.3 and some. Gold is 7.50.

I could probably squeeze the time with a couple of seconds as I got quite defensive after the long straight in the last few bends just to make sure I'm not in the walls or hit the rivaling car's bumper.

The Ford GT is require so detailed steering and careful throttle control! This is by far the toughest challenge in gt6 for me.

So how much time have you spent on this challenge and what times have you got?

And has anyone managed to beat the rival on the long straight? Or finish first? (I got first on one of my silver runs, but passed the rival on the first bend after the long straight with some sheer luck).
I did it today: 7:45. That was my third time finishing the event--in all my other attempts, I hit the car or barriers in the first few turns. My first two finishes were bronze and silver.

I think the opponent will always pass you on the long straight, and you need to pass him again before the finish.
 
Maybe it's the night driving but I sure appreciate the term green hell more now!

Without the driving line I think you would not be able to gold this event. (maybe if you are born there :)

The question is whether to continue and slice of seconds in this event or proceed with whatever is left on the s class. I think I'll go for 100%.
 
I wasn't born there, I did however gold the Nurburgring challenges in GT5. Those challenges helped me memorize the track. I didn't use the driving line, I hate that thing. The key to success is being as smooth as possible, IIRC you are racing the clock, the other car is a moving roadblock, but I can't remember for sure.
 
Got gold on my first try as well with solid 2 seconds ahead of the gold target time.

I just kept blocking AI on the long straight. :lol:
 
I beat it by 10 seconds on my second try which was my first complete one as my first run I out braked myself at Flugplatz.
 
Congrats OP, that mission was pretty tough. It took me few tries with the steering wheel, it would probably take me whole day to do it with DS3.
 
To me it was fun, i did it in 3rd try. But i hated the connes before the long straight cuz they were in my way...
But still managed 20sec faster than gold
 
If you ever played the old GT versions you probably remember the Ford GT on Seattle test ... that was quite a handful too ... these kinds of challenges are what I expect of GT ....
👍 Enjoy!

Was GT2 ... when i made the gold ... GREAT SATISFACTION !

About the Mission S5, i love that trial .... because i'm an Nordschleife maniac :dopey:

IR
 
I managed it on my second try, the biggest problem was coming off the long straight.
 
I guess it's a matter of time spent on the ring. I now know all the corners but still would probably have to put in a couple of hundred laps to fully learn every single bump and grass patch etc :)
 
I guess it's a matter of time spent on the ring. I now know all the corners but still would probably have to put in a couple of hundred laps to fully learn every single bump and grass patch etc :)

GT5 massively contributed to that for me ....
 
First try here. The gt-40 is one of my favorite cars and nurb is my favorite track. I actually went into it knowing I would be disappointed if I didn't get it. I was happy with the time - 7:43.725
 
Why block him? Just let him pass and slipstream behind him, you'll be a lot faster
I revisited this one after reading this thread - I tried the slipstream idea, but I was just bouncing off the limiter....and then I rear-ended the GT in the braking zone at the end of the straight:dunce:

I noticed SRF is forced on. Has that always been the case? I was sure it used to be optional.....

Very pleased with a 7.36.xxx:tup:
 
I revisited this one after reading this thread - I tried the slipstream idea, but I was just bouncing off the limiter....and then I rear-ended the GT in the braking zone at the end of the straight:dunce:

I noticed SRF is forced on. Has that always been the case? I was sure it used to be optional.....

Very pleased with a 7.36.xxx:tup:
7.36 is a great time. Must be with a wheel i would guess....
 
7.36 is a great time. Must be with a wheel i would guess....
Thanks.
DS3:tup:
Hope thats encouraging news for ds3 users - & I'm no hot shot either!!:dopey:


Edit:
I overtake the GT just after the esses at Hatzenbach - on the right hander (Hocheichen) before heading down the hill, if that helps.
 
Last edited:
I found the biggest problem for me was keeping focused on the task in hand. The actual time itself isn't too difficult it's the concentration needed to keep it tidy for 7 minutes. I must have retried about 30 times because my GF or her kid or my dog would want something so I'd pause it- come back, and crash into the barrier somehow. "DISQUALIFIED" :ouch: :lol:

Careful throttle control is definitely needed but I was more comfortable letting it slide around a little bit. Got it on my first clean lap with around 12 seconds to spare I think.

Had a worrying moment as the AI bumped me around the left-hand kink at the end of the long straight but shutting my eyes and hoping seemed to work and I made it (somehow :dopey:).

@Giulietta73 I thought SRF used to be an option too. I don't remember it being forced on with the missions before but then I finished them weeks ago so I could be wrong.
 
I found the biggest problem for me was keeping focused on the task in hand. The actual time itself isn't too difficult it's the concentration needed to keep it tidy for 7 minutes. I must have retried about 30 times because my GF or her kid or my dog would want something so I'd pause it- come back, and crash into the barrier somehow. "DISQUALIFIED" :ouch: :lol:

Careful throttle control is definitely needed but I was more comfortable letting it slide around a little bit. Got it on my first clean lap with around 12 seconds to spare I think.

Had a worrying moment as the AI bumped me around the left-hand kink at the end of the long straight but shutting my eyes and hoping seemed to work and I made it (somehow :dopey:).

@Giulietta73 I thought SRF used to be an option too. I don't remember it being forced on with the missions before but then I finished them weeks ago so I could be wrong.

:lol:
I share your pain!!!! I also had to turn the lights out to prevent glare during the night part of the race!!! I also use Manual trans so that I can drop down into 1st for some of the slower uphill corners like Arenberg. There's still a couple more seconds to be gained - I took a right old tank-slapper through Wippermann:nervous:
 
:lol:
I share your pain!!!! I also had to turn the lights out to prevent glare during the night part of the race!!! I also use Manual trans so that I can drop down into 1st for some of the slower uphill corners like Arenberg. There's still a couple more seconds to be gained - I took a right old tank-slapper through Wippermann:nervous:
"What's that sweety? Oh the washing up. Yeah sure I'm not doing anything and we don't have a dishwasher." :rolleyes:

"Sure buddy, I'll tell you why the dog makes "pffffft" noises from his bum." :odd:

*dog s***s on carpet moments later* :eek: :crazy:

LOL

Manual transmission helps loads with this car. As you say, being able to change down where the auto would hold a gear is a must for a fast time
 
Completed this long ago and I managed a decent time of 7:32:xxx with a ds3 but I do remember trying really hard for this challenge.
 
I don't recall my time but I remember having the GT in my mirror for most of both attempts. GT passed me on the straight my first try but was on the brakes early and hard through the last few corners and drew a disqualification out of me as I attempted a pass. Overtook early on my second attempt, through those deep arc esses, and blocked the straight to avoid a repeat. I really didn't think this would be an issue for people. (My bane was the GT500 Suzuka mission.)
 
Back