S class--rules

  • Thread starter Thread starter nos4speed
  • 5 comments
  • 1,179 views
Messages
2
Messages
nos4speed
Hey, Im having a bit of trouble completing my two remaining S class events the 700 performance poits races around suzuka and fuji and i think its mainly because of the penalties which seem to have been designed by a 3 year old. I get drivers breaking directly in front of me in acceleration zones causing me to get a ramming penalty, I get drivers ramming into the side of me and I get a ramming penalty, when i run wide on some corners i get a shortcut penalty even though ive lost time not gainedit. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you over come it. Oh and im using the ford gt concept but im willing to buy any other car to beat these last two races.
 
I beat it w/ the GT as well (and again w/ the Amuse S2000). I got silvers, but I was only concerned w/ passing the license because I prefer to play online.

Don't necessarily follow the line. Speed is key here so get straightened out as quickly as you can so you can get the maximum acceleration w/ limited wheelspin. Use the line as a guide, but be prepared to adjust.

The AI is fairly predictable from race to race, so after racing the events enough times, that I figured out the points where I could weave in and out of the pack. It's a really tight race to catch the leaders, so keep an eye on, and remember, the split times and your race position. That way, if you are a given # of cars behind and your split time is too high, it is probably best to restart and try again rather than keep on w/ a futile race.

I hope I made sense.

P.S. I gave the GT a little more rear toe out than normal to make it easier to weave through the pack and cut in on the corners a little earlier. That made it a lot easier but don't gas it too much or you will eat it. I also played w/ gears 5 and 6 to give me a little more acceleration as well. Every little bit counts here. :)
 
Hey, Im having a bit of trouble completing my two remaining S class events the 700 performance poits races around suzuka and fuji and i think its mainly because of the penalties which seem to have been designed by a 3 year old. I get drivers breaking directly in front of me in acceleration zones causing me to get a ramming penalty, I get drivers ramming into the side of me and I get a ramming penalty, when i run wide on some corners i get a shortcut penalty even though ive lost time not gainedit. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you over come it. Oh and im using the ford gt concept but im willing to buy any other car to beat these last two races.

I'm pretty much in the exact same boat. Regardless of what I do the AI is always putting in me in bad spots resulting in penalty after penalty. I've been going at it with the Amuse s2000, and the best i've done is sixth place with 3rd well in sight, but you know, one corner and penalty later, i'm back down to 10th with 3rd well out of reach. I've pretty much lost all hope of ever getting the F1 car.
 
Best car for these races is the Tuned Lotus Elise from the Concept Dealership.
The cheaper Tuned Elise is easier to drive than the Tuned Elise 111R and is also cheaper.
 
the best i could muster was 6th, until i switched it to Standard physics model and 2 tries later i was 3rd.. I'll come back to them when im bored. Ford GT LM in standard physics on Suzuka was a breeze! I didnt even tune it and managed 2nd easily.
 
If you have problems with penalties for ramming, try not to accelerate while hitting ai car. I found out that I can push them off the road and not get penalty - same applies when they try to push you, just steer in their direction and let go accelerator.
 
Back