S-Class tuning suggestions

aGrenadeShark
aGrenadeShark
I have beaten through A class in about a day worth of playing. I play with no aids on professional physics in cockpit view.

I have gotten to S class and I can't manage to finish better then 8th or so. Ive been playing racing games a long time, but I am a terrible tuner and I really don't have the patience (or time) to try one thing at a time. If anyone has any suggestion cars for the S-Class (s1-s10), i would really appreciate it.

I've played all the Gran Turismo's thus far and I just got off of forza 2. When someone finally gave me a car that was tuned worth a damn, I was posting top 100 times on on 50% of the tracks I ran on.

In other words, I think i can drive, i just can't tune worth a ****(ive read all the tips, it never seems to help me). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok. I found the "tuned" cars which seemed to help a ton. I got a 111r turned elise and managed to pull a 3rd place on s1 after 3 tries. I guess ill try to keep retuning this car for most of the other events.

well i used my ferrari f430 for all the other races with no real tunning done to it, it handles really well but the s-7 and the s-10 are giving me problems because i cant get the tunning right but beware of the s-6 i barely got 3rd and i think that was by luck if anybody has any suggestions let me know

i managed to do the pp680's very easily with a corvette but really struggled with both the pp630 races. but i found that the tuned clio was good for those races, give it a go. i'm a bit stuck on trying to do the ferrari f40 challenge in one lap. and also the pp700 races, dunno which car to use. can anyone help me out??

Well, Ive managed to place on 4 out of the 10 s's so far. Some of them feel impossible. Ive driven a tuned out elise in real life and its much easier to drive then it is in this game. MR cars are way over exaggerated in all the gran turismos.

Funny you mention it, as s7 and s10 are the current tracks ive been going back and forth between.

I used a Ford GTLM for s7 and s10. S10 you gotta use the rumble strips and try to avoid the penalties.Using the strips you can cut a lot of time by going faster in the turns.Once you get past the first 5 or 6 cars you can make up time. S7 I tried to out brake the other cars and dive under in the turns. There is a good s10 setup for the GTLM in the tuning section.

I am still stuck on S1. Last night I pulled the lotus 111r/tuned to try it out. I like the car but hate doing a tune down on it. I then pulled out the NSX after about 7 failed races with the lotus. The NSX acutally really is doing well on this course, i just need to keep tweaking it. I pulled the gears way down so I hit the red line right into the first turn after coming down the full straigh away. I can usually get into the 4th place position but I kept hitting the wall on my 5th lap and get hit with a penalty and never get to overtake 3rd place. I think a couple fixes to the tune and some bettter driving on my part... this car will do S1.

I like the NSX because it is fast but you don't need top speed at 204, so I pulled it down to the 180's to speed through the high gears and it really sets me ahead of the AI. I will post my tune when I get 3rd or better.

My nsx-r

Power: +32
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1

Suspension:
Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 5/5
Damper: 3/3
Toe: -0.10/+0.10
Camber: 0.3/0.3

Brake Balance: 5/5

Front/Rear Torque Distribution:

Max Turn Angle: 30

TC: Off (edited)
ABS: 1 (edited)

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.775
2nd: 1.956
3rd: 1.428
4th: 1.102
5th: 0.886
6th: 0.717
Final: 5.150

now i am not claiming to be a pro at this. but I have been taking cars pretty fast on S1 with the NSX. if i could only do 5 laps without hitting the wall or getting a flag because the AI rammed me.

please feel free to rip this apart. i am always down to learn

For the Ferrari F40 S-5 test, not alot of tuning needed just gear it ALL the way down for quickness and you will be ok if you avoid penalties, a test in patience and aggressivenesss. For all the beginning S tests, Get the tuned Elise and fine tune of the settings for each track for gear but overall, don't be to sad about getting even or past at times on the straights but you get'em back better in the turns.

My biggest problem these days is dealing with the penalties. Every single race Ive had a chance getting a trophy, ive been rammed by a comp on the s7 at the first turn (fuji). Its extremely annoying because half the time they send me off the track and I get a ramming penalty.

updated NSX

ok so after 4 hours of retuning today I am going to drop this NSX from S-1 unless someone wants to try this tune. I really think this car can take S-1 but I have been running it for 3 days now and 8th is the best I can pull.

I could not get better than 1:13.xxx

I love how this car rides now... but it just can't cut S-1

Power: +32
Weight: 85%
Tyres: R1

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 6/4
Damper: 3/3
Toe: +0.03/-0.10
Camber: 0.1/0.4

Brake Balance: 3/4
Front/Rear Torque Distribution:

Max Turn Angle: 33

TC: off
ABS: 1

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.775
2nd: 1.956
3rd: 1.388
4th: 1.085
5th: 0.855
6th: 0.706
Final: 5.150

anyone have any car suggestions. I have tried the NSX, F430 and M3.
I don't like running the "tuned" cars on a P630 because I really have to tune them down. What have you take S-1 with. I need a new tuning project.

So far in S class I have to do the following:

S1 - S4 - S6 - S7 - S10

I don't have a clue where these 'tuned' cars are...I thought you won them with all golds or something? Where can I find them?

And in regards to PP700 etc, is there away to tell what cars have which amount of PP points before buying or cars tht are in your garage/ Really struggling with which cars to use in these S class races.

All I have left is S-10. After what seems like a million tries at S-7, usually quitting when I screwed up badly somewhere, I actually got the silver in it with the Ford GT LM. I'm still stumped on S-10, but getting closer to finally finishing it. The problem for me seems to be losing my cool on the last lap and spinning out on the final turns!
Maybe tonight...maybe tonight...

EDIT: 2 hr. 15 min. later. Got it!

I've also been struggling with S-7 and S-10 --- especially when one of the AIs run into me and I get the penalty!! Can you tell us what settings you used with the Ford GT LM?? Thanks!

EDIT: no need to reply - found the settings in the American Tuners forum. Thanks.

EDIT: FINALLY! after about 3 hrs I was able to clear S-7 and S-10 with the Ford GT LM Spec - I used your settings but backed off the HP a little and went to max aerodynamics. Thanks. Now all I need is another 1.5 million credits to get the F1-2007:)

I've also been struggling with S-7 and S-10 --- especially when one of the AIs run into me and I get the penalty!! Can you tell us what settings you used with the Ford GT LM?? Thanks!

EDIT: no need to reply - found the settings in the American Tuners forum. Thanks.

EDIT: FINALLY! after about 3 hrs I was able to clear S-7 and S-10 with the Ford GT LM Spec - I used your settings but backed off the HP a little and went to max aerodynamics. Thanks. Now all I need is another 1.5 million credits to get the F1-2007:)

Glad that worked out for you!

Back