S licence mechanics - can someone explainPS4 

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ok so I earned the S licence last night. Great I thought, I can now enter U lobby races and not worry about contact (as much). I go in one, get punted into oblivion in turn 1, get brake tested in 2 turn when I got going again... back to the lobby and my licence is back down to A @ 99%

So how does this work? I thought once you earned an S licence it never went down again. I've had S licence drivers push and shove me like they're not concerned about it (even a video uploaded of this).

Is it just 1 misdemeanour and you go straight from S to A - which would be utter turd? Or is there a hidden percentage of how far you're into that safety rating that you cannot see?

Ok so I earned the S licence last night. Great I thought, I can now enter U lobby races and not worry about contact (as much). I go in one, get punted into oblivion in turn 1, get brake tested in 2 turn when I got going again... back to the lobby and my licence is back down to A @ 99%

So how does this work? I thought once you earned an S licence it never went down again. I've had S licence drivers push and shove me like they're not concerned about it (even a video uploaded of this).

Is it just 1 misdemeanour and you go straight from S to A - which would be utter turd? Or is there a hidden percentage of how far you're into that safety rating that you cannot see?

I think there's a hidden percentage into S as well and possibly this goes very far (maybe even further than 100%) and that's why indeed a lot of S drivers race like ***** indeed and get away with it multiple times (FWIW I also have an S :))

Actually there was indeed a theory that a bug might exist that NEVER lets you go from S down to A, but you just proved that this is not the case. So probably you just need to do a few more clean races to get a buffer and then do not worry again about losing it when people crash you.

But, OTOH, what's the point of gaining an S license, if all you are planning to do is keep racing in U lobbies? If you're not joining highly ranked (regarding safety) lobbies, then your rating makes no difference whatsoever. Although I do realize that lobbies with high safety rank are unfortunately scarce...

Thanks.

I've been avoiding U lobbies like the plague and some days this means I'm not racing many people. I thought if I was safe with an S licence then I could take part again, just to widen my options on what races I can join. You still get some fast guys in U lobbies.

Yeah you can go down from S to A. All depends on the number. If you've attained a high/er "S" rating number it would be less noticeable of course because you have a bigger number from which to reduce, but if your "S" rating is low/er (1100-1200) with a drop in number you would more notice it back down to "A". Don't ask me how I know. :)

Yeah you can go down from S to A. All depends on the number. If you've attained a high/er "S" rating number it would be less noticeable of course because you have a bigger number from which to reduce, but if your "S" rating is low/er (1100-1200) with a drop in number you would more notice it back down to "A". Don't ask me how I know. :)

You are talking about skill rating though. It has nothing to do with the safety rating.

You are talking about skill rating though. It has nothing to do with the safety rating.
I think what he was doing was equating the actual rating to a number. If the "safety rating" number was 1,000 and you're at 1,001, you can drop in the next race but if you're at 1800, it's very unlikely.

I think what he was doing was equating the actual rating to a number. If the "safety rating" number was 1,000 and you're at 1,001, you can drop in the next race but if you're at 1800, it's very unlikely.

Yeah probably, makes sense.

Back