S license - I have some tips

  • Thread starter Thread starter gumpy
  • 8 comments
  • 526 views
Messages
1,119
I like most others have struggled with the S license. Before this week I had S1, S3 and S4 in the bank.

I decided the time had come to get on with it or cheat and get GTC.

The other night I got S5 (I think that is the Trueno in the wet). The trick that got me through that was that when turning slightly I can still go flat out (especially the chicanes). I was slowing down too much.

Last night I got S6 and S7.

S6 - what helped me was to do whatever it took to take an inside line at the first hairpin and feathered the gas or pulsated (I think that explains it). I also broke quite early at the second and third corners. By the time I was turning I was off the brakes and ready to accelerate. This was also true of the 2 turns befor going up the hill to the corkscrew. The corkscrew I don't know what did it for me but I think I broke early and coasted through it and did not accelerate until I was pointed down the hill. Second to last run I got 0.018 seconds too slow. Last run I muffed the final corner and almost spun out. I must have lost at tleast a second and still beat the time easily.

S7 - manual transmission - what more do I need to say. I went down to second (not third). I still had to be careful but the time here is very generous ie I didn't think I deserved even the bronze with my run.

S2 - I did not complete this but the tricks I have learnt are to coast the chicane ie before I was either braking or accelerating all the time. Also this car is low to the ground. FIND ITS LIMIT. It turns better than you think. It coasts better than most other cars also ie it does not loose much speed when you ease of the gas.
 
yay this will help the n00bs...great work Gumpy.

rockon.gif


S8 uses MANUAL....bloody hard to do in an AUTO....um take outside to inside lines...and don;t be affraid to brake a bit harder than with the other tests.

STAY IN 3rd 4th 5th or 6th gear the whole time or the wheels will spind and the car wil barely move forward and envuntually crap out.

With the chicane brake early and accelerate hard in 3rd through the corner narrowly missing the edges....:D :D :D
 
I hate the term "noobs". You know we were all "noobs" at one time.
 
yea..haha but why did they have to turn off the ASM and TCS in S8?
 
To prove that you can really exceed the S licnese expectations
the s license is an "ultimate" test of your skill, because you get a 1000bhp car w/ no asm or tcs, they want you to drive it like a car WITH asm and tcs *no slidin*
 
Last night I got S2 using the tips I said earlier. First run was 2.5 secs too slow. Second run was 1.5 sec quicker than bronze.

Picture a car that is stuck to the road. I know this will make you trust the handling of the GT40 too much but when I looked at the car I said gee that car is very low.

Before this I was 4-5 secs too slow.

Did not get S8 last night but got to within 1.6 sec on my second and last complete run. First was 7 secs too slow.

What did I do ? First run was in manual and changed gears but no lower than 3rd.

Second run was in manual and stayed in 3rd for the whole lap except the final straight. Yes you heard right. I did not change up until the final straight and was 1.6 sec too slow.

Everyone do a lap only in 3rd gear. The urge will be strong in the straights to change up but don't. Even if you don't get the time you need it will certainly teach you how to beat this test.

I know that I will beat it in 3rd almost all the way.
 
S license is mine. Thanks to everyone who has posted tips on this board as they have helped heaps.

I did S8 in 3rd gear all the way except for the final straight.

I was 0.138 sec off the lap before but then pushed it in the first 24 seconds ie sector 1 and the bus stop chicane on the lap when I got there.
 
nice one gumpy....good luck for the rest of the game
 
eh i cant remember the s liscense.. ive got 3 more things i need gold on tho and ive got the viper concept again.
 
Back