S10 done? Here's a tougher race.

• Thread starter raceur
  • 2 comments
Completed S10 on gold with Pro physics? Now try the TVR Dealer Race. Catch is, no tuning allowed even though the game permits it. I reckon that's harder again than S10. Three laps of Suzuka starting 8/16, I can be between 4.9 and 5.2 seconds off the leader by the first split but it takes a while to catch up.

The TVR dealer race is the only thing in GT5p I haven't golded, I agree that it is probably the toughest of all the races.

Well if you managed to get gold on A6, A8 and S6 -- events I have only silver on -- then this race will be no problem at all for you! I have gold on it and found that the stock car (with me controlling it) had three sectors; gaining, pacing, and losing. Losing on the straights; gaining at Degner, hairpin and chicance, pacing everywhere else. Actually the first turn is also a gain (and a good passing spot to "send one up the inside" as Brundle says) but the Seses in general are pace.

I found the TVR will understeer, but snap into oversteer quite suddenly if you're not reducing lock as power is applied. Not the most viceless of vehicles. The exit of the Sesses is a good example, I modified the line to take a later apex than usual so as to straight-line it more. If the back comes out it can be controlled, but you lose a lot of time putting the rear wheels behind the fronts again. To get gold I had to do a 2.20.5 lap (S1 tyres).

Back