S2000 at Laguna Seca in the American Championship (lol)

• Thread starter Negrumir
  • 0 comments
Negrumir
So I was trying to break up a bit of monotony in my money getting. I'd be all over the seasonals, but I'm not online with my PS3 so that sucks. I've been trying out all kinds of cars in different events to see what I can and can't do with them.

I was browsing through my premium garage, I set the filter to USA only and sorted by PP. A few spaces down was my AEM S2000. Oh, so if an American company slaps a sticker on a car, it automatically changes its nationality to American? I'm guessing AEM is American, otherwise, this wouldn't make any sense at all.

You disloyal little Honda, you should be proud of you Japanese origins! What makes you think America is so good? All our cars are only good for straight lines and left hand corners apparently.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_10.jpg

Sure enough, because this car was listed as American, it was accepted into the American event. I'll be up against Corvettes, Ford GTs, 2js, Vipers, and more; I think I put a turbo on it to help a little. Well, this thing is obviously less powerful than the rest of the cars in the event. Let's see what it's got.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca.jpg

Off the line, I wasn't very fast, but given how light this thing is, I could brake very late and gain a couple positions in the first corner.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1.jpg

I gained another spot or two before I began the ascent toward the famed corkscrew. You know what, this car does feel rather American. Gettin' all sideways and stuff.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2.jpg

Despite driving like an idiot, I still cornered faster than the competition. But they pulled away a bit at the straights.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_3.jpg

Near the end of the second lap, I found that they cornered really slow when I could power through at close to double their speed. I certain am not a professional either.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_4.jpg

I was in third by the beginning of the third lap. First and second were putting down some decent times and had pulled away from the rest. I had been stuck in traffic for a little while so that didn't help much.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_5.jpg

By the time I was coming down the corkscrew, I had gained a significant amount on them. Now to take advantage of their slowness in the upcoming corner.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_6.jpg

Sure enough, I braked very late but passed both of them on the outside with little trouble at all.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_7.jpg

Now that I'm in the lead, I feel I deserve a little premature celebration. This I will enact by getting sideways. :sly: Second and third place are still fairly close behind me so I didn't want to get to showy and mess up.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_8.jpg

You just can't take a picture at Laguna Seca without taking one at the Corkscrew. It is one of the most well known corners out there, even more so on this side of the globe.

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_9.jpg

And of course, sweet victory. Not exactly difficult by any means, I'll probably be back here again with lesser tires and without the extra turbo.

But still, it was a pretty fun race. I just had to see if I could win with a car that was obviously not American by any stretch. This is also my first race report so I hope it's up to other people's standards. I don't think I have enough info to write a whole essay on it, but a small article should be enough. If you guys know of other cars that don't really fit into the category that they should, post it here. I'm not looking for ideas for a future report, but using things that are out of place is great fun... like taking a 700hp Lotus Esprit to the British Lightweights. :)

I hope you enjoyed this.

Back