S3 - Having Trouble Getting Gold!

• Thread starter Hawk99
  • 4 comments
Hawk99TA
I'm on S3 with the Mine's and the best lap time I've acheived is 47' 383".:crazy: Gold is 47' 00" or less. I'm racing standard physics with a controller. Wish I had a wheel! Tuning is locked on this race. Anyone have any tips how I can shave off that extra time?
Much appreciated.

Try to use the slipstream. if you drive behind other cars, you will become much faster and you will drive better lap times. Driving with a manual gearbox can also be very helpfull.

Slipstream is important.

Also, if a car is coming up behind you at a much higher speed, let them hit you. It will speed you up faster than waiting for them to pass and slipstreaming would.

I use this race as my quickest money maker; you can get gold on the first full lap if you time some things right. Like everyone has said, draft as much as you can. The Elise shouldn't be able to catch you when you start the race, draft the Z after coming off the banking, and when you're taking the turns, I find turning in later than you would think, and just letting off the gas instead of full on braking, keeps the car more settled and locked onto the racing line. You should be able to hover around 180mph going through the turns, and exit them around 185mph or higher. I just get into the slipstream of the Ford GT and Swift just before the end of the second lap, so they usually help me get comfortably under the limit. Good luck!

Back