Sabine Schmitz Tribute Event

• Thread starter Cipotter5
  • 4 comments
Germany
Germany
sabine_schmitz_flyer-png.1000752

To honour the “Queen of the Ring” Sabine Schmitz (14.05.1969 - 16.03.2021), who lost her final race against cancer at age 51, we're hosting a very special event in which we will also be raising money for the Worldwide Cancer Research (https://www.dkfz.de/en/index.html). See 8 Donations / Fundraising.

The Event will be held on the day of her birthday - Friday 14.05.2021- and will consist of 17 laps to the Nordschleife, where Sabine was famous for winning 2 races at the 24h Nürburgring with the BMW M3 and also driving the BMW Ring Taxi. She also raced with the Porsche 911 GT3, placing 3rd, so this will be the other manufacturer allowed for this event.

Link to Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Q6hadcgs

Friday, 14 May 2021
Lobby opening: 22:00 CEST
Qualifying: 12:15 CEST
Race start: 19:00 CEST
BMW M3 GT / Porsche 911 RSR (Standard BoP – Changes may be done)
A maximum of 6 cars will be permitted on the grid for each car model.
All cars must use the predefined number templates with the DKFZ logo and the selected numbers, placing them as shown in the picture below.

One number plate on each side, and one on the bonnet is required. The standard GT Sport size and position is necessary, but variations may be discussed with the event organizers. Please send the pictures of the livery in that case.

number_plate_88-png.1000757

Number plate template
DKFZ Logo
Number 0
Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
Number 4
Number 5
Number 6
Number 7
Number 8
Number 9
4.1 In this event we expect a rough but fair and clean racing environment. Any incidents will be reviewed after the race and post race penalties may be assessed.

4.2 Drivers being lapped need to permit a safe overtaking

4.3 The racing surface is determined by the GT Sport limits, and in game penalties will be assessed if trespassed.

4.4 Overtaking maneuvers will not be permitted to drivers with a penalty still pending to serve. Drivers that win at one or more positions with an overtaking maneuver having a penalty to serve and don’t give the position back, will be handed a 30 second post race time penalty

4.5 Pit entry and exit lines are to be respected at all times. Drivers that cross the solid lines entering or exiting pit lane will receive a 10 second post race time penalty for each offense.

4.6 Passing under yellow flag conditions is prohibited. Drivers that pass under any yellow flag conditions and do not give the position back will be handed a 30 second post race time penalty.

4.9 All racing tyre compounds (RSS, RS, RM, RH) are allowed, but each driver may use a maximum of one set of each during the race. If the same compound is used again, the driver will need to pit immediately the next lap and change it for an unused compound or be disqualified.

4.10 Causing avoidable contact that does not give another competitor mechanical damage, but forces a driver off track will result in a 20 second post race time penalty.

4.11 Causing an avoidable collision that gives another competitor mechanical damage will result in a 30 second time penalty.

4.12 A blocking maneuver that gives a challenging competitor damage, forces the competitor off track, or otherwise causes unnecessary danger will result in a 30 second post race time penalty.

4.13 A driver making more than 1 reactive blocking maneuver will be given a 10 second post race time penalty per additional reactive blocking maneuver after the first.

4.14 Drivers vying to defend a position on track are allowed one defensive move. Making a defensive move as a reactive measure will earn a warning/penalty. This includes weaving back and forth across the racing surface.

4.15 Rejoining the racing surface unsafely in front of oncoming traffic will result in a 20 second post race time penalty.

4.16 Ignoring blue flags and impeding competitors attempting to get past in an effort to place the driver in question a lap down will result in a 15 second post race time penalty.

4.17 A driver that receives 90 seconds worth of post race time penalties will be subject to disqualification from the event in question.

4.18 Insulting a driver through prejudice or unfounded malice will result in disqualification once evidence is brought forward. An appeal will not be granted.

4.19 Entries that violate any of the requirements for liveries will be excluded from the results of the race the violation occurs, awarding no championship points to the driver, team, or manufacturer if applicable.
5.1 The first lobby will open at 22:00 CEST (16:00 EST) for practice and all Drivers A will be allowed to enter. The lobby will be open for friends only.

5.2 At 18:15 CEST. The qualifying will begin, with the session lasting 12 minutes in length. After each driver has completed a lap, they should continue driving until Aremberg, where they will park out of track until all times are collected by the race director.

5.3 Before starting, the race director will ensure a visibility check is completed. Each driver has to post how many vehicles they see on track. If competitors happen to be unable to see each other, then all competitors plagued by the issue will be directed to reboot their game, clear the in game network data, and rejoin the lobby to resolve the issue.

5.4 If regulation 5.3 is not successful after two attempts, the race director has the discretion to remove one of the drivers from the lobby and call in the next available driver to attempt to resolve the issue.

5.5 Once all checks are completed, the race will start. If there should be any connection / visibility issues at race start, the race director may decide to restart the race keeping the qualifying order (set by host)
Please be aware that the lobbies will be set to friends only. You will have to add the host(s) on PSN (Cipotter5).
Lobby_1.png

lobby_settings_2-png.1000759

In order to participate in this event, please write me on Discord, PSN, or GT Planet (Cipotter5) with following information:
PSN ID Driver
Car Model
Car number
Picture of livery (may be sent later)
In order to make a common donation for the German Cancer Research Center, a PayPal Money Pool has been set: https://paypal.me/pools/c/8xRd41bvvY

This Money Pool will be available until the day after the race. After that, all the raised donations will be transferred to the German Cancer Research Center.

Alternatively, a direct donation to the DKFZ can be done indicating “Tribute to Sabine Schmitz” as the concept: https://www.dkfz.de/en/spenden/specialoccasion.html

When the complete raised amount (Money Pool and direct donations) is known, it will be posted on Discord and in this thread for all participants to be aware of.

Attachments

• SABINE_SCHMITZ_Flyer.png
    SABINE_SCHMITZ_Flyer.png
    109.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Number_plate_88.png
    Number_plate_88.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 100
  • Lobby_settings_2.png
    Lobby_settings_2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Hello,
I'd like to join, but I don't have a teammate.
I play from Japan so if someone's up to form a team with me, I'd really appreciate to be able to run the first stint.
As for the car choice, I don't really have a preference but I play on a DS4 so the choice maker may be the tire wear...

Hello,
I'd like to join, but I don't have a teammate.
I play from Japan so if someone's up to form a team with me, I'd really appreciate to be able to run the first stint.
As for the car choice, I don't really have a preference but I play on a DS4 so the choice maker may be the tire wear...

Hi @gkgamer, I would recommend you to join the discord server and see whether other drivers would like to team up. If you are in Japan, that would mean that the race start of first stint would be Staruday 02:00 AM for you. Second stind would be then 05:00 AM for you, although depending on availability it could be moved 1h later.

Hi all,
please be aware there has been an important change in this event.
It is no longer a teams event and the length has been reduced by 3 (17 laps instead of 51laps).
Also, the fuel and tyre multiplier has been set to 2x/2x in order to make different strategies viable.
The amount of allowed tyres per driver remains the same (1 set of each: RSS, RS, RM, RH).

Back