Sabotage - possible?

• Thread starter dfspires
  • 14 comments
Brazil
Brazil
So, today at FIA's tokyo I got my sportmanship rating blown away by chaos.
I went for nurburgring to get it back (I know, I thought if I survived turn one from pole, which I almost did, I would be ok), I got hit, lost 3 positions, it would've been ok.
Then, everybody was hitting each other, destruction derby, simply destruction derby.
Prior to the race, a dude asked me if I was on gt fusion (never heard of it, had no time to answer).
My ranking fell to B C, lost my whole DR rating, which was nearing 50 thousand.
Do you folks think there could be sabotage? Not exactly directed to me, but to good players in general? This thing killed my FIA whatever chances for this season.
Did this happen to anyone else?

I went for nurburgring to get it back (I know, I thought if I survived turn one from pole, which I almost did, I would be ok), I got hit, lost 3 positions, it would've been ok.
Then, everybody was hitting each other, destruction derby, simply destruction derby.
Prior to the race, a dude asked me if I was on gt fusion (never heard of it, had no time to answer).
Do you folks think there could be sabotage? Not exactly directed to me, but to good players in general? This thing killed my FIA whatever chances for this season.
That's messed up. You should be able to get most of your DR points back by getting your SR up. A few clean races in Daily C should help.

That's messed up. You should be able to get most of your DR points back by getting your SR up. A few clean races in Daily C should help.
It is messed up, happened to at least one driver I know today as well, we both have our teams on our nick. It takes time, it takes time I would be training.

Oh definitely. There have been times on 24H / Lemans where I out-qualified 2nd place by a huge amount, and they went on and took me out on turn 1 / chicane 1. These are S class racers too, who are good enough to know their braking points.

I definitely think people are bitter that they didn't get their pole position, you ruined their win streak, and that you're racing below where you belong.

One of my favorite replays is me getting taken out of pole position on a 24H race, down to 8th place, and then crawling back up to 1st and winning.

Haters gonna hate. At least I can say I got my 91 wins without ever taking out/divebombing 1st place. And I'm proud of that

Sportmanship rating is really easy to get S...

- Only race in daily race C

Of course you'll have the occasional havoc at race starts, but the tyre/fuel wear makes these races sportmanship-boosters imo. Even on tracks where you can have T1-chaos at the start such as DragonTrail or LeMans.

That and daily race C is a better "preparation" for FIA events imho.

I went from E/B to C/S on my first day on my 2nd account by only racing GR.1 daily race C at Le Mans when the track was only just released. One could say the penalties at Le Mans are harsch or not as they should be but after 20laps you have a good idea of what'll penalize you around De la Sarthe.

I got demoted yesterday from DR.A to DR.C. That's 2 resets in one day. As soon as they started putting me on pole or top 3 when my SR got down to B, it was like people were aiming for me. This happened over and over again on Nurb and Suzuka in lobbies where I was consistently one of the fastest drivers there. Also, many people are learning how to game the system, even in the faster/cleaner lobbies. In fact, most of my cleanest races occur in SR.A or lower SR.S lobbies. It seems like when I reach SR.99 and get placed with a lot of other A or even A+ drivers, they get pretty dirty when they think they are faster than you. Constant bumping, nudging, rubbing, taking advantage of the "inside" rule and not getting penalties for squeezing me off track even when I gave them space. It's a double-edged sword. In the faster lobbies the so-called "clean" drivers are getting really good at driving dirty but avoiding penalties for it. In the slower lobbies, people are just a bit more sloppy, have less control of their cars, and worst of all have much less to lose so they will risk punting you off track for a large penalty as long as it means you stand no chance of catching up. The 2nd or 3rd fastest guy in the lobby is usually suspect if the first guy is more than 1s faster than everyone else.

So how does this work? I recently got demoted from DR.A to DR.C due to the chaos that was Tokyo and NurbGP yesterday. If I increase my SR to a certain level, will my DR will just magically come back? Or do I have to build DR all over again? I knew about DR resets but just assumed you had to gain it all back the normal way.

Honestly I don't really care at this point, just curious. I'm kinda looking forward to grinding again and not having the target of DR.A on my back.

The whole SR thing is messed up...

I often check kudosprime for some drivers' stats and I was quite amazed to see top drivers, among the best in the world, have those dips in DR/SR. I'm fairly sure it's not because they take out other people on purpose either...

It's just not right. It shouldn't be this punishing/sadistic.

There are some people that only know the dirty way of driving. There was one guy that waited to be lapped to hunt me in a monza race once, never forgot him.

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=4036576

The rollercoaster action on his profile is out of this world, he sets a lot of top ten times, he could be a A+ driver for sure. Seeing that this guy is on the lobby is always a terrible feeling. That and one other alien A+ driver.

There are some people that only know the dirty way of driving. There was one guy that waited to be lapped to hunt me in a monza race once, never forgot him.

The rollercoaster action on his profile is out of this world, he sets a lot of top ten times, he could be a A+ driver for sure. Seeing that this guy is on the lobby is always a terrible feeling. That and one other alien A+ driver.

I've seen him, reported him as well before. He keeps coming back to SR.S thanks to the daily C SR giveaway. He probably tanks his SR on purpose to get easy wins. Shortcut to easy rooms, the DR reset only helps people like this.

LMAO OMG, his DR history, rofl. I've never seen anything like that.

That's one way to get 300 wins, I guess..

This is disgusting. If a player visits a low Sr that often, they should be sat out. I dont like the Sr system because it implies it is okay to be dirty, when in reality there should be some sort of penalty if you can't stay in Sr S.

So how does this work? I recently got demoted from DR.A to DR.C due to the chaos that was Tokyo and NurbGP yesterday. If I increase my SR to a certain level, will my DR will just magically come back? Or do I have to build DR all over again? I knew about DR resets but just assumed you had to gain it all back the normal way.

Honestly I don't really care at this point, just curious. I'm kinda looking forward to grinding again and not having the target of DR.A on my back.

Here's a discussion about points resets:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...00dr-points-in-one-race.376194/#post-12244609

This is disgusting. If a player visits a low Sr that often, they should be sat out. I dont like the Sr system because it implies it is okay to be dirty, when in reality there should be some sort of penalty if you can't stay in Sr S.

That's true. It reminded me of Need for Speed shift which had a matchmaking system that matched player ranked between "agressive" and "precise".
It really says that those are basically styles, and it'll be fine if you wanna play "agressive", the only true penalty there is is the DR reset but it only matters if you're interested in doing well in the FIA races. I guess that's some way of explaining why daily racing can be so sketchy, in the dailies there's no risk involved but only digital trophies to collect.

I was discussing with friends the FIA regulations yesterday, specifically the rule about double accounts and if it would be 100% enforced, as we came up thinking nothing would prevent someone to have a secondary account in their region, brought up to sufficient DR, and use it to ruin their direct competition. That would be going very far, but you never know.

@dfspires GT Fusion is an online championship on GT which started back in GT5 Prologue, it's mostly euro and south american drivers, there's tough competition in there. But if things haven't changed, they're using their own ranking system, so I doubt someone would try to sabotage you for that.

Sportmanship rating is really easy to get S...

- Only race in daily race C

Of course you'll have the occasional havoc at race starts, but the tyre/fuel wear makes these races sportmanship-boosters imo. Even on tracks where you can have T1-chaos at the start such as DragonTrail or LeMans.

That and daily race C is a better "preparation" for FIA events imho.

I went from E/B to C/S on my first day on my 2nd account by only racing GR.1 daily race C at Le Mans when the track was only just released. One could say the penalties at Le Mans are harsch or not as they should be but after 20laps you have a good idea of what'll penalize you around De la Sarthe.

Agreed, all I play is race C and I have kept SR S since November last year. The game hands out +SR for pretty much nothing. It's almost too easy imo because there are tons of people who don't belong in S.

Back