• Thread starter NLxAROSA
  • 15 comments

NLxAROSA

Dual wielding Uzis FTW!
Premium
Netherlands
The Black Lodge
Oh boy, SBC is back and it looks like he's turning it up a notch or ten. :lol:

Getting Dick Cheney to sign his waterboard kit? That's just awesome! :crazy: :lol: Getting congress people to agree with arming children in schools? Even more so! :crazy: :lol: Can't wait to see the full show. This is going to piss off a lot of people, that's for sure. :D

I've always wondered mow much of SBC's schtick is just clever editing. Hopefully it's better than the 🤬 pile that is Brüno.

I watched the first episode last night - some people are going to be awfully mad at SBC for this, but then again, they certainly look like they deserve it.

One thing that was very apparent, however, was just how much SBC has borrowed from the classic UK black comedy series, 'Brass Eye'... it is virtually the same concept, mixed in with his own Ali G-style interview technique.

Not sure how many episodes have played in the US, we're one down in the UK. It started really well with the Bernie Sanders interview and the infant gun control segment but the Republican dinner party segment didn't really do it for me and I didn't get back into it.... Sacha must really have some patience to do a whole series with makeup like that!

I think I prefer the chasers war on everything (see YouTube) but I'll keep watching Who is America?

The fake Chinese tourist part had me in hysterics.
I think SBC might be lucky to ever set foot in some parts of America again after this show.

What some people are (all too) willing to say or do is quite astonishing - the least funny bits are when he merely gets dumb celebs to read ridiculous statements, but the real comedy gold lies in exploiting the bigotry and abhorrent views of his targets, and Jason Spencer was practically the perfect dupe. That said, that level of humiliation and embarrassment, while wholly deserved, could well have serious repercussions for the man.

I watched the first episode last night - some people are going to be awfully mad at SBC for this, but then again, they certainly look like they deserve it.

One thing that was very apparent, however, was just how much SBC has borrowed from the classic UK black comedy series, 'Brass Eye'... it is virtually the same concept, mixed in with his own Ali G-style interview technique.

I'm glad someone else had this thought; it felt very Brass Eye in the clips I watched. Not that this is a bad thing.

Honestly I thought it was really disappointing, just a rehash of the Ali G show just less funny and more politically slanted which these days it's such a cliche to latch on to (what show hasn't got political undercurrents these days). It's all quite lazy IMO and doesn't live up to the hype I would assume his return would have. Also I never really liked any of his personas other than Ali G and never found them funny either. Probably will give the rest of it a miss.

The scene where he's showing the Mosque designs is classic - I'm going with Option 2

I think SBC might be lucky to ever set foot in some parts of America again after this show.

What some people are (all too) willing to say or do is quite astonishing - the least funny bits are when he merely gets dumb celebs to read ridiculous statements, but the real comedy gold lies in exploiting the bigotry and abhorrent views of his targets, and Jason Spencer was practically the perfect dupe. That said, that level of humiliation and embarrassment, while wholly deserved, could well have serious repercussions for the man.
Show is tough to watch but, IMO, necessary. As frightening as it is, this is what a large group of people in the country find to be acceptable viewpoints and behavior. I'm all for any show that gets these people on video for as long as possible while they spout their abhorrent viewpoints (hopefully forever)

I think the programme isn't that funny on its own if one is expecting the characters played by SBC to mean anythin. The things said by the interviewees are absolutely astounding though. It's worth noting that they were probably led to that point by a clever production team but they've said some really dodgy stuff that probably wasn't difficult to provoke.

Back