Sacred Texts in Religion

• Thread starter CRE_8_IVE
  • 11 comments
I see I'm being tracked by Google Analytics there. So it's okay if I lie, right?

Just close the page, it's like those "Which Town Are You?" quizzes on FB, after 4 quizzes they have more cross-sectional data than you'd give to a new partner.

Actually, not only is this page right here on GTP also being monitored by Google Analytics, visitors are also being tracked by SkimLinks.

I completely ignore the FB-type quizzes for the most part. Actually I don't go on FB itself at all; the entire thing was founded on privacy violation.

Actually I don't go on FB itself at all; the entire thing was founded on privacy violation.

Works for Catholicism too, but in those days you checked into a booth to download your sin.

I wonder if FB should be up there as a sacred text? Some people seem to draw their entire inspiration, comfort and terrible misquotation from there.

Works for Catholicism too, but in those days you checked into a booth to download your sin.

I wonder if FB should be up there as a sacred text? Some people seem to draw their entire inspiration, comfort and terrible misquotation from there.
To some it works like that, to others its a bit more complicated to understand.

Survey is utterly invalid as sacred texts only apply to theists, as an atheist the questions that follow are therefore moot.

I don't think people who say they are atheists, actually are atheists. Because even though they don't believe in a God, they still know a difference between right and wrong. Which means they believe in some kind of morality, hence are not truly atheists. Probably more accurate to describe them as agnostic.

I don't think people who say they are atheists, actually are atheists. Because even though they don't believe in a God, they still know a difference between right and wrong. Which means they believe in some kind of morality, hence are not truly atheists. Probably more accurate to describe them as agnostic.
This again?

Theism is the belief in deities. Atheism is the lack of belief in deities. All you need to be an atheist is to lack belief in deities.

Your jump from "knowing right from wrong" to "believing in morality" is also fallacious, but not really relevant.

This again?.

Only Atheists Get To Decide What 'Atheism' Means! This link shows the evil that you and your kind are seeding in the world, Famine.

Mad Internet People
Stupid Argument #8: All Atheists Lack a Belief in Gods so Anyone who Lacks a Belief in Gods is an Atheist.

I particularly enjoyed the misspelling of 'god' during the robust debunking of #8, which is still giving me giggles/headache alternately.

@Agent_47 forget about belief, or morality, and all the weird definitions you've seen of atheism on nutter-sites like the one above. It means "without a god", taken to apply to people who "do not have a god". By extension you can pretty accurately presume that they do not believe in a god.

I have no god. I am an atheist. Do you dispute that? Is my own belief incorrect?

Its quite simple. You are incorrect.

Morality doesn't originate from religion, nor does religion have a monopoly on it.

I am an atheist.

I am moral.

These are not mutually exclusive.

Back