Sadden by FGT Championship Prize

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayster
  • 21 comments
  • 3,331 views
Messages
81
Caterham Fireblade 02' WTF?????? Hardest championship ingame that takes all your skills to beat and 3-4 hours to win and we get a crappy 45k car that I brought in the used car lot a long time ago. Developers at PD must have monkey poo in their brains.

Anyone else find this ridiculous as a prize car? It's not worthy to even be raced since it's a car with ice tires because it's too much power for it's approx 350kg weight.
 
Prize Cars in GT are pretty stupid but It don't bother me :D
 
It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part :D
 
At least give a rarer car that's more potent in another race, not some car to do donuts all day on the Top Gear Test Track. I learned a lot from that championship but still find the achievement rundown by the quality of the prize.
 
that car tuned could destroy 80% of the cars of the game. However yes, it sucks. In general all the prizes sucks in A spec, better in bspec.
 
Does it really matter? You've already got the second fastest car of the game in your hands so it makes zero difference if you get another FGT, an LMP, the said Caterham or a MX-5 for that matter. The prize car wouldn't improve your chances in races to come a bit unless it was a X2010.
 
Last edited:
I like it, great for online when hp is severely limited but the weight isn't.
 
The prize cars seem inconsistent but always interesting to me, though not sure how many of those old rotary Mazdas I really need (why are there three?)

For every disappointing car, you win a Veyron or that beautiful 10m Alfa Zagato, but perhaps for the Endurance races they should all be awesome cars, but sadly aren't.
 
There are no "prize" cars in GT5. Just cars. Prize cars makes it sound like something special! The cars we're awarded in most of the races/championships are anything but! I had two Caterhams in my garage when I won the FGT championship. :yuck: I wish PD had just made a complete joke of the whole prize car thing and just awarded a used Vitz for every single race/championship. It honestly makes as much sense as the system they have now where it's as if they pulled car names at random out of a hat as their guide to setting up the prize cars.

Really, why not give the Ferrari F10 for winning that FGT Championship? :ouch:
 
Fully agreed rayster. PD might as well just knock on my door and give me a kick in the bag instead. Both provoke about the same level of frustration.
 
For a championship that hard at least give me a rare colour or something premium. I bought a caterham that colour already!
 
Common sense was not used in selecting car prizes.
In the FGT race they could of at least given you a car of your choice ticket. Set a 5M dollar value on the ticket or something along those lines.
 
Well, there's a prize car thread and numerous other threads detailing problems or issues with GT5.

Remember, the search button is your friend 👍
 
You get half a million as the Championship Bonus, and almost 100k per race win. Stop complaining about the prize car and use the (around) 1 million in prize money to buy yourself what you want.
 
I would of settled for a random car generated ticket than the dumb prizes they give you in each race. This way it's random and no one can complain.
1 million won't get me that 12mil 2J I wanted.
 
That Caterham is amazing, probably the best prize car in terms of actual fun in my opinion. Some prize cars do suck, but there's a great solution to that problem: Keep them if you want to get the 1,000 cars trophy, but either way, don't use them.

I prefer this system to Forza's; I'm pretty sure you only had to buy about 10 cars in Forza 3, the rest could be completed on prize cars alone. In GT5 you don't get given that many useful cars, and I like that.
 
lol most of my "prize" cars are sitting in my garage with 0 miles on them
 
You get half a million as the Championship Bonus, and almost 100k per race win. Stop complaining about the prize car and use the (around) 1 million in prize money to buy yourself what you want.

Wow, you get that many credits? I wouldn't complain either.
 
Ya, the prize cars are ridiculously stupid in this game. I mean its not that the Cateram is a bad car, its just that its a fairly common 50k car that many people already have in their garage. I think what they needed to do was just award level tickets for each race, so everyone would get completely different prizes and keep things interesting.
 
I like the Caterham, but where's the logic in winning the Veyron for the GT Championship and the Caterham later on for the FGT Championship. Would make more sense if it was the other around, personally.
 
Indeed... Prize cars are (overall) lame in GT5...

CeeJay I'm totally with you!!! One F1 Ferrari in B-Spec and the other in A-Spec would have been the most logical thing to do... but... PD didn't use that when deciding these matters...
 
Back