Samurai Performance And Tuning

Welcome to Samurai Performance.
I have been playing Gran Turismo since the GT2 day's and have tuned the car's approximately long. All of my car's are set to my driving style, so some car's wont be compatible with some certain drivers. All of my set-up's are tuned on Deep Forest Raceway, Trial Muntain Circuit And Cote D'Azur. Those being my favorite track's. I would love for people to review my car's, The more feedback I receive the better I can tune my car's for me and for the public of GT Planet. Anyone who give's me a review can request a car to be tuned.

Cant Post New Tunes For Awhile! My Friend Was Over And Spilled Vodka All Over My PS2.

For my LaunchOff Tune I'll use the first car I aquired in the game. When I first obtained the car I started tuning it to model after the infamous Touge EG6 built by Seeker. This was retuned after a discussion with RJ, The car is now abit looser and quicker through corners. I appreciate your help RJ.
EG6.jpg

1993 Honda Civic EG6
193 HP, 7800 RPM 134 FT.IB TQ, 7300 RPM
No Tunes Here Will Have Driving Aid's!

Engine:
-Sports Exhaust Set-Up
-Sports Racing Chip
-Port And Polished Engine Block
-Up The Engine Displacement
-Balance The Engine

Suspension:
-Original Suspension
-Spring Rate: 18.5 / 18.0
-Ride Height: 100 / 100
-Shock Absorbers: 10 / 10
-Camber: 1.8 / 1.0
-Toe: 0/ 0
-Stabilizers: 6 / 6

Transmission:
-Standard Stock Transmission Five Speed
Clutch:
Twin Plate
Flywheel:
Semi-Racing Lightweight

LSD:
-Initial: 6
-Acceleration: 20
-Deceleration: 6

Street Tire's
-S3 Radial’s

Pease review ?
The course used for this car was Trial Mountain where I was running a consecutive 1`45.
On the Drag she was running 16.0.

Last edited:
Welcome to the tuning world Matthew. 👍 Is there any suggestion as to where you would like us to drive your Civic?? :) I'll give her a burn around and give you an honest opinion, tuner to tuner.

I assume you've used the "Original" suspension from the Tuner Village as I can't see seperate damper bound/rebound settings.

I Ran It On Deep Forest Raceway, I did use the Original Suspension, Only way to reach such High Spring Rates.
Thank's, Matthew

I just ran two lap's and I have an average Deep Forest time of 1`35 Flat,...

Last edited:
I'd say that lowering the spring rates a bit will help you quite a lot.

Something like 15.0/6.0 front/rear will make it quite good I reckon with an according drop in stabilizer stiffness.

I'd say that lowering the spring rates a bit will help you quite a lot.

Something like 15.0/6.0 front/rear will make it quite good I reckon with an according drop in stabilizer stiffness.

I ran Ten lap's at Deep Forest, Five on my original Suspension and Five on your suggested, My lap time's fluctuated between 1`35 and 1`36. I was running relativley similar time's with both set-up's, but with the suggested set, The rear to me seemed loser and was tending to break out alot more. The car also seemed to feel shakier coming out of corners to me. So personally for me, I prefer my set-up.
Thank you for your opinion.
Matthew

Personal preference then.

I like my FWDs sideways. One of my Integras managed to get named the Arab Drifter by other people because it did just that.

Actually now I want to play around with an EG :lol:

Personal preference then.

I like my FWDs sideways. One of my Integras managed to get named the Arab Drifter by other people because it did just that.

Actually now I want to play around with an EG :lol:

I've never been one for Drifting, Or Power Sliding in the FF case, I like the Grip personally. That's Tight, Could I get the setting's ? I'd love to try it out.

Well, Being a Grip Car, How would you say I did on my EG6 ?

Well, it's ehh...

It's decent at least. It drives exactly one way though and that's not exactly a good thing. If you come in a little too hot there's nothing to save it but more braking as there's no lift-off oversteer of any sort.

I ran roughly the same times as you (1:35.6 or .7 I think) with your setup then went back to the garage and made some tweaks. Said tweaks knocked around .2 off my previous flying-lap time with your setup on the slower first lap and then 1.1 seconds off that with a flying lap for a final time of 1:34.574.

The setup I wound up with isn't as insane as that Integra (which goes so sideways it slows it down some of the time) but it does work very well for this and is definitely still very much a "grip" car.

Suspension:
13.0/7.0
100/100
10/10 (not optimal, I'd actually rather go to a normal FC suspension and tune bound/rebound separately)
2.4/1.8
0/2
1/7

LSD: 7/35/5

Last edited:
Well, it's ehh...

It's decent at least. It drives exactly one way though and that's not exactly a good thing. If you come in a little too hot there's nothing to save it but more braking as there's no lift-off oversteer of any sort.

I Understand what you mean about the whole drive's one way thing. For me that's more comfortable.

Suspension:
13.0/7.0
100/100
10/10 (not optimal, I'd actually rather go to a normal FC suspension and tune bound/rebound separately)
2.4/1.8
0/2
1/7

LSD: 7/35/5

I am testing your set up and to me it does feel smoother and it, For me atleast is running similar lap times to my old set up, Abit quicker on certain track's as I did both Trial Mountain and Deep Forest. Though the reason I have my set up the way it is was originally to replicate the feel and look of the Seeker EG6 Touge Car.

It's an okay time attack setup but because of how it drives you're stuck with either outrunning competition down straights or being behind them as you can't run a modified line without losing a bloody lot of time.

It's an okay time attack setup but because of how it drives you're stuck with either outrunning competition down straights or being behind them as you can't run a modified line without losing a bloody lot of time.

I understand what you mean, I dont really use the car alot anymore, because of these factor's, As you said it's mainly a car I use for Time Attack with my friend's. Being how it is, I built it on a budget, But, mostly as a tribute to the Seeker EG6.

My Second Tune:
This was my first ever attempt at a drift tune, I myself am quite pleased with this new achievement. Of course, My first Drift Tune would be Initial D style, I'm using a 1983 GT-APEX 86. The similarities end there though. My version of the 86 is both capable of Grip and Drift.

1983 Toyota Trueno GT APEX 86
200 HP, 6600 RPM, 206 FT.IB TQ 5200 RPM

Engine:
-Port And Polished Engine Block
-Balance The Engine
-Supercharger System

Suspension:
-Original Suspension
-Spring Rate: 16.0 / 3.0
-Ride Height: 100 / 100
-Shock Absorbers: 10 / 10
-Camber: 1.0 / 1.0
-Toe: 0/ 0
-Stabilizers: 6 / 6

Transmission:
-Standard Stock Transmission Five Speed
-Clutch:
-Sports Plate
-Flywheel:
-Sports Lightweight
-Carbon Driveshaft

LSD:
-Initial: 6
-Acceleration: 26
-Deceleration: 6

Street Tires:
-N3 Class Radial’s
On Trial Mountain, I attempted Drifting and Came out with a 1`51 Flat.

Please Tell Me How I Did ?

Last edited:
Back