Santas Little Helper

• Thread starter viperin
  • 4 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This short tale is based around a Budget Rider™ challenge proposed for the Nürburgring Diaries (which existed a long time ago, in a Galaxy far, far away).
The challenges in themselves were quite fun, select and build a Car within the terms of your Budget and then complete a lap of the 'Ring.
Adding a story was not a requirement but they certainly provided plenty of enjoyment which I would like to share with you.

As it is the Festive Season I thought this challenge would be suitable.

:) Enjoy, and Merry Christmas everyone. :)

Santas Little Helper Budget Rider™

Rudolph has done it this time.The long night of delivering was nearly over too, just a few deliveries at Adenau, a couple of Villages around Nürburg and Santa could call it a night.
That was until Rudolph spotted the "Adenau Egg Nog & Karaoke Bar". "Hey let’s pop in there for a quick snort " said Rudolph.

Big mistake.

Santa returns to find his Sled unattended and what sounds like a riot happening in a nearby Bar. Peering through the window he looks on a scene of total devastation.Blitzen is blitzed, Dasher is trying to pick a fight with some Japanese businessmen, and Cupid is absolutely blind and chatting up a hat stand in the corner. Comet is crying drunk and belting out his version of “My Way” on the stage. Rudolph is unconscious on the floor, his nose glowing and filling the Bar with an eerie Red Light.

“Scheisse” says Santa, “WTF do I do now?”

Then he spots YOUR Car outside the Bar.

So you agree to help Santa out by giving him a ride, but time is short and
this will be no easy task.Your Car can be any one you chose except Racecars.You have had an unlimited Budget to develop your Car; no expense has been spared.Due to the Magic of Christmas, Santa Claus and his Toysack add no weight to your car.

As you fire up your Pride and Joy and Santa squeezes into the passenger
seat, he informs you that to finish his nights work you have only 7 ‘ 15
to complete a lap of the Nürburgring. He will take care of dropping of the
presents along the way, no stops.

7 ‘ 15 ? "A piece of Cake” I hear you say, “That’s a doddle" are some of the more printable comments, BUT there is a twist.

A real Christmas needs Snow and Ice so –

You will need to complete one lap of Ice Arena as well.
Total combined time target - 7 ‘ 15 or less.You may detune your Car for the Ice lap, but no less than 540 Hp. Cookies awarded for clean laps.

Good Luck and try not to kill Santa.

Chapter Two - Santas Toy Run

Santa cast an appreciative eye over my TVR Cerbera Speed Six, with all the trimmings it pumped out a respectable 585 hp.Would that be enough to help Santa finish his round ?

Off we hurtled, I was travelling fast but not very neatly. “No Cookies for me then” I thought as I speared through the grass at Schwedenkreuz, but after watching Santa lose his after some particularly violent manoeuvres, that was not such a bad thing. At least there were no fatalities during my 6 ’17 . 225 lap.

We had less than a minute to go for Santa to complete his nights work.
It was snowing really hard now which was not helping, also during some of my lawnmowing I had torn off my fancy exhaust system, my electrics were fried ( due to Santa bringing up his Cookies on them ) and somewhere along the way my wing had disappeared.
I was down to 547 hp and had no grip at all !!!
Luckily Santa had some Snow Tyres in his bottomless Sack and we were back in the game.Would I be able to do it ?

I need not have worried, the mighty Cerbera handled the Snow and Ice
Easily to finish the round in 56 .093
Made it with over a second to spare.Christmas was saved !!

Although wide eyed and looking a bit pale, Santa was suitably grateful. “You may keep the Snow tyres as a gift from me, as well as some advice………………DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB”.

And with that he was gone.

Moderator's Note: Thread Closed at request of viperin by Profile Message

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice stroy, viperin 👍 .. Go on this way and write more texts, so we can enjoy them as you're a good writer ;) ..

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.
It is also all the encouragement I need !
It would probably be easier to start a complete new threads as a place to put more Nürburgring Budget Rider™ stories, rather than add to this thread.
I will do it now.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.
It is also all the encouragement I need !
It would probably be easier to start a complete new threads as a place to put more Nürburgring Budget Rider™ stories, rather than add to this thread.
I will do it now.

You're welcome! Hah, I'm sure I'll read all your stories :dopey: 👍

Best wishes,

S-Line Audi Fan :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back