Sardegna CE shows the wrong trophy

United States
United States
Yesterday I went to tackle a few more gold CE times. Sardegna was first, where I have silver and 1:32.385 for a record. The gold time is 1:32.700. No matter what I did I could neither come close to that gold time, nor get the game to recognize it has been achieved.
What gives??

Yesterday I went to tackle a few more gold CE times. Sardegna was first, where I have silver and 1:32.385 for a record. The gold time is 1:32.700. No matter what I did I could neither come close to that gold time, nor get the game to recognize it has been achieved.
What gives??
You set the time before the physics change earlier this year when the target times changed and the leaderboards were wiped.

You got silver with that time when that time was good enough for silver, so you have the correct trophy: silver.

That's the first time I've ever noticed essentially being penalized due to "adjustments made to the physics model". IMO, that's kind of a crappy way for the developers to handle that situation. If they'd set it right the first time, there would be no question as to what the gold time should be. It's not as if I barely got bronze or silver by a fraction, all of my sector times are still gold.
There probably are still ways to improve on that 1:32.385 time. As it stands, my only choice here is to find them. I was running 1:33.3 yesterday and trading places with the AI ghost in the process. The R18 seems to have less oversteer than it used to also.
The only way I can think to get under 1:32.700 is the same way I golded the Spa CE: run that race with the R18 repeatedly for about three months, but the difference in PP may make practicing on the WTC800 useless. I've hundreds of hours on both tracks as it is, so it probably boils down to just one or two turns I should take differently.

essentially being penalized
No.

You earned silver by setting a silver-grade time, when the time you set was good enough for silver, therefore you have silver. There is no penalty.

If they'd set it right the first time, there would be no question as to what the gold time should be.
The game physics changed, which required a recalculation of the target times so as to not make some too easy and some too hard.

As you note your original time is now hard to match and the gold time is now slower. Those are directly related statements: they have made the target time easier because getting the time on the new physics is harder. If the time remained as it was it would be virtually impossible for all but the very fastest players.

That doesn't explain the gold sector medals, though, and the idea that the R18 handles easier. I golded all three sectors before trying for gold on the full lap, but I honestly don't remember when I did it.
I get the reasoning behind the discrepancy but it's still a penalty for failing to meet whatever the gold time used to be. With the 1:32.33x times I'm getting, I'm positive I can shatter the 1:32.385 time.
My last gold was at Spa with .2 seconds to spare, so I'm confident I can clear Sardegna with .2 to .4 seconds with some practice.
Another way to think of it is if I go to Eagle's Canyon this fall, run my truck on Track Night, then go back next spring without making any changes, and with no changes to the track, the physics never change. Theoretically I should be able to set consistent lap times.
Whether we agree on all of that or not, I'm here to whine like an Audi, not to start a war, and the only way to gold is forward, and obviously the 1:32.7 time can be cleared on either set of physics. It's a matter of simply coming close to my old record.
I'd be G rated and say "champagne" but champagne is for the podium.
Hold my beer.

Last edited:
That doesn't explain the gold sector medals, though, and the idea that the R18 handles easier. I golded all three sectors before trying for gold on the full lap, but I honestly don't remember when I did it.
I get the reasoning behind the discrepancy but it's still a penalty for failing to meet whatever the gold time used to be. With the 1:32.33x times I'm getting, I'm positive I can shatter the 1:32.385 time.
My last gold was at Spa with .2 seconds to spare, so I'm confident I can clear Sardegna with .2 to .4 seconds with some practice.
Another way to think of it is if I go to Eagle's Canyon this fall, run my truck on Track Night, then go back next spring without making any changes, and with no changes to the track, the physics never change. Theoretically I should be able to set consistent lap times.
Whether we agree on all of that or not, I'm here to whine like an Audi, not to start a war, and the only way to gold is forward, and obviously the 1:32.7 time can be cleared on either set of physics. It's a matter of simply coming close to my old record.
I'd be G rated and say "champagne" but champagne is for the podium.
Hold my beer.
If you had them gold before the physics change then you don’t loose them. THAT would be punishing the players 😂

Fictional situation:
Yesterday the track setup was providing you with medium tyres, therefor the gold time is x.
You managed to get x+1 which is silver and recieve your silver medal
Today the track setup is providing you with hard tyres, therefor the gold time is x+2.
There is no reason you should now suddenly have a gold medal as you didnt earn it.

If you manage to claim gold times before the physics update, you still have gold medals.
If you didnt pass into gold but got silver times, you still have silver medals
If you rerun the event to claim gold times now, you will advance to gold medals.

EDIT: Beer held, 1:32.577, .02 off of my old record. The ghost smashed my record. I still do not see a need in going through the 1 lap again.
Replay is posted and shared under M. Parker.
~ Mark

We may never agree on this being or not being a penalty, but one thing here is fact: the only way to that gold is to push forward towards whatever the target time is when the attempt is made.
I'm curious how my CE progress compares with everyone else. I have a 100% completion rate but that just means I've earned bronze on them all. I have all gold on 10 to 12 of them with a few gold and silver sectors on the rest.

Last edited:
Back