Sarthe Tuning Challenge

United States
Minnesota
Raven_WET01
This is a 5 lap challenge I've been having a lot of fun with this past week, so I figured I'd share it in case some of you are looking for something new to try.

The goal is to lap an entire field of cars during a 5 lap race at Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 (No Chicanes)

The steps:
  • Acquire a car, but do not do any mods that can be performed from the 'Car Settings' menu
  • Enter a single player race at Circuit de la Sarthe
  • Set it for 5 laps, professional difficulty
This will populate a field of cars that roughly match the performance of the car you're driving. If you perform upgrades to your car before entering, you will face vehicles that will likely make this challenge impossible to complete.
  • Start the race, then pause and exit (do not exit all the way back to the home screen, just end the current race)
  • Scroll over to the Car Settings menu and upgrade/tune your car to the maximum with SS tires for this challenge
  • Feel free to enter/exit the race as you tune the car to get the best time possible, the other vehicles will not gain improved performance
Your goal is to gain enough performance to pass the entire field of cars before the end of the race. A significant component of this challenge is to optimize your top speed, and also to carry as much corner speed as possible over the last 1/3rd of the track. It's not enough to have a fast car, you also need to make sure you have the racing line and braking points down. There are several sections where going off the track will add around 5 seconds on your lap time. Let everyone know which cars you've completed it with, and your best lap if you have it.

McLaren MP4-12C: consistent 3:13.xxx
Ford GT ('06): consistent 3:14.xxx
Nissan Skyline GT-R V spec II Nur: consistent 3:22.xxx with a very quick tune, easy win

Last edited:
So you have lapped the whole field with the two cars listed above?

This would be cool to do at the Nurburgring!

Good idea.

Yep, those are the two I was able to do it with. I'm going to try to do it with lower-tier cars as well. If you manage to squeeze 200mph out of a little car with a field of K cars I imagine you'd be able to complete the challenge.

Back