Sarthe w/Chicanes

  • Thread starter Thread starter TeeRick
  • 7 comments
  • 866 views
Messages
14
Messages
TeeRick
Anyone notice that on the long straightaway with the chicanes, you can aim it just right and drive across the sand rather than slowing down and navigating the chicane? If you're going pretty fast (180+) you can gain about 4 seconds by doing this.

Not that I advocate such a thing, mind you... :)
 
try to do it with penalties...
 
Anyone notice that on the long straightaway with the chicanes, you can aim it just right and drive across the sand rather than slowing down and navigating the chicane? If you're going pretty fast (180+) you can gain about 4 seconds by doing this.

Not that I advocate such a thing, mind you... :)

There's many short cuts on many tracks in A spec, as the other posts mentions, try do this in races that have penalties applied, you will see that many of the short cuts are no longer an option.
 
Yea, I know about it. I don't do it though, I always drive clean laps.

That's if the AI doesn't try and knock me off. Then Ill just waste the race trying to kill them.
 
This is a terrible track for online racing most of the time. You try to catch the guy in front who's cheating by cutting the chicanes yourself, but then you feel bad for the dude behind you who's racing legit.

Unless penalties are on HIGH you can still cut the chicanes without consequence.

At least Sarthe 2005 has sand traps at the pit straight area.
 
I think it is good that pd didn't just block off real life escape roads, i have out braked myself at the first chicane and been able to slalom through the escape road and carry on, i even give a place back if i took it unfairly,

It helps with the realism of the game, there are too many things that are quick to snatch that back though.
 
When doing a ''shortcut'' with penalties set to weak, will this give you an 5sec something penalty? becous the strong one is just a bit too strong if u ask me, accident may sometimes happen and weak is just good IMO. If weak dont slow you down when cutting corners it should!
 
Anyone notice that on the long straightaway with the chicanes, you can aim it just right and drive across the sand rather than slowing down and navigating the chicane? If you're going pretty fast (180+) you can gain about 4 seconds by doing this.

Not that I advocate such a thing, mind you... :)

Yes, I have noticed this, too. :scared:

I do not know if this is a real-life effect for Sarthe, but on many other race courses one can go off-track into the gravel and have not physics penalty (no slowing down or losing control of car) contrary to real-life. shameful in the other cases.
:ouch:
 
Back