Saturday night online test session future race series?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hereward
  • 2 comments
  • 717 views
Messages
1,963
Messages
Hereward
Messages
Herewward
The 1.02 patch arived so I decided to try online properly after previously suffering with sporadic disconection problems. Good news is all seems well as far as the disconections are concerned :) Couple of issues that did crop up and to get them out the way straight away, very occasionaly grid starts would gete mucked up with one or 2 cars apearing on the grid at an odd angle and the player position indicator would sometimes not update quickly for some players ..........that was all I noticed and all minor stuff, the grid starting position seemed to hamper players it happend to very little.

Ok so the all new obligitory bash GT5' out the way, onto the good stuff! No one got droped from conection errors there was no lag, voice coms were perfect throughout though I had coms set to low quality, people could leave the loby and re enter it with no issues and as for the races, everything was covered from NASCAR, Carting, one make races and user cars races.

We had about 7 people in, mostly GTP'ers, couple of UKOG guys and a random or two, all the racing was clean and close, closest were the NASCAR at Indy and Daytona and the one make rally car outing at Monza.....better than I thought that one!

Tried out the update feature of limiting BHP and Weight and it works extremley well, feild consisted of 3 Lotus 111r's from the normal online car selection and myself in a tuned MX5 from my own garage and UKOG Erick in his custom tuned Golf.....although my car was'nt adsactly tuned competertively it kept in the fight, something which points to the improved system working very well indeed. and should lead to some very interesting race series in the future......anyone up for a sub 200bhp race with weight restriction of 900kg and tyres no higher than sports soft? Yeah lots of scope for this feature I think 👍

couple of features which I also tested which are worth note, first up, rolling starts......if youve disalowed the use of all driving aids and in particular TC make sure you have rolling start selected for a NASCAR race and not grid start.......carnage is the only way to describe that start LOL Next up rain......I tried rain at monza in someone elses room where they had the grip level set to low.....ran intermediates and to be hones it just felt like I was running the car on a set of sports hards.....In the racing we did in my lounge I set the grip to realistic......driving on ice is a good description LOL Rain tyers or intermediates wen it's drying up or if your choice is sports tyres and below go for the comfort tyres.....more tread patern so you have more grip with them than sports tyres! On the grip selection issue when it's selected for "real" this also effects the grip levels off the track in the dry as well:tup:

This prety much covers it, everyone seemed to enjoy it and the races were o0n the whole close run, no one person was steaming ahead into the distance race arter race, there were a few tussels but no one was taken off intentionaly, in fact it was very rare to see anyone taken off unless they had taken themselves off, including me LOL

Loving the game loving the online aspects hopeing the mechanical damage comes with a future patch but for now setting race penalties to strong seems to keep everytthing and everyone in check.👍

EDIT
Free run and race....using the free run and race system is a fantastic way of getting everyone used to the track and car before racing, it also allows you to tune the car to the full extent before the race. This free run system also means any races being organized can have a drop in room where people can simply jump in and have an online tuning session with whoever is in the room at the time. There is alot more options I havent mentioned, grid start position, series races night racing at the nurb......I don't want to talk about that one LOL but I will mention one last thing, if you go to the race positions at the end of the race you will see a logo to save replay, and yeah you can then go into photo mode for all the gory detail LOL
 
Last edited:
anyone up for a sub 200bhp race with weight restriction of 900kg and tyres no higher than sports soft? Yeah lots of scope for this feature I think 👍

Just say where and when! I've got a ~200bhp/SS Sprinter that I like to throw around the ring. 👍
 
I'll check the settings and I'll post a thread up, thinking a sub 200bhp no race cars or race spec models (mugen honda we know who you are) with a 1000kg limit and sports softs limit. 2 cars one pre 80's and the other whatever you want.......sound good? as for track? open to sugestions.
 
Back