Sauber C9

  • Thread starter Thread starter zqxwjv
  • 17 comments
  • 3,128 views
Messages
221
Messages
zqxvjw
My favorite car in GT4. Is it equally awesome/impressive/fun in GT5?

I don't do B-Spec and I don't do A-Spec grinding so it will probably take me a long time to earn the credits. Just looking for some input before I take the plunge.

PS - How many credits are needed to purchase the C9?
 
My favorite car in GT4. Is it equally awesome/impressive/fun in GT5?

I don't do B-Spec and I don't do A-Spec grinding so it will probably take me a long time to earn the credits. Just looking for some input before I take the plunge.

PS - How many credits are needed to purchase the C9?

I don't think it's quite as good, nearly but not quite. Sure it costs over 5million credits or something from the UCD, don't quote me on that.
 
Bit of wheelspin to deal with in the lower gears so you need to shortshift at times if you aren't using TCS, but apart from that it's awesome.
 
It's not over 5mil, it's in the 4mil credit range. I enjoy the car and think it was worth te money.
 
It won the class c series of le mans that year. So yes its a power car.
 
It was in the OCD a while ago. I bought it for about 5 mil.

And yes, it is awesome. :)
 
Even better, you can get it from a 1989 ticket. 0 miles. One of my favorite race cars. I have 3 of them. :D
 
5,350,000 Cr for the C9
 
its under 5 mill usually.

1018 hp compared to ~1200 in gt4.
 
Looks sexy, sounds awesome, and is great fun to drive, though it's turbo lag can make exiting some slower corners a bit... dramatic. Don't hesitate to purchase it immediately, if funds allow.

👍
 
Yup, well worth the money. It's a keeper. I think I've got three of them. :D
 
Looks sexy, sounds awesome, and is great fun to drive, though it's turbo lag can make exiting some slower corners a bit... dramatic. Don't hesitate to purchase it immediately, if funds allow.

👍

I've yet to experience that with the C9, or with any turbo car in GT5. Am I doing something wrong?

C9 is a very good purchase, so buy it!
 
I've yet to experience that with the C9, or with any turbo car in GT5. Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe you're doing something right. :lol:

It's not as dramatic as it was in GT4 with the Stage-4 turbos, but with TSC +0 and harder tires, there is noticeable boost lag from a number of the 'big turbo' cars (mostly when stock, but a bit when modified with a High RPM Range Turbo Kit) when exiting slow corners, like the C9, F40, Yellowbird, and OPTION Stream Z.

If you're a bit too low on revs and try to floor it, you're greeted with anemic acceleration followed some time later by an incredible surge in power, accompanied by wheelspin or your face in a barrier.
 
Yup, I like the C9 (have 2)...but the roof view doesn't show any of the front of the car. I wish it did.
 
Ohhhhh, i sooo want one... I may have to do the birthday cheat (Can you send that between accounts?)
 
If you're a bit too low on revs and try to floor it, you're greeted with anemic acceleration followed some time later by an incredible surge in power, accompanied by wheelspin or your face in a barrier.[/QUOTE]

👍

Well said
 
Thank you for all the responses.

"Even better, you can get it from a 1989 ticket."

Could someone explain how I would go about getting a 1989 ticket or provide a link with the info?
 
That's like the last race car i need.
 
Back