save game got corrupted, pics included

  • Thread starter Thread starter Applemacpro
  • 18 comments
  • 3,870 views
Messages
8
Messages
Applemacpro
Last edited:
UPDATE: I restarted ps3 and loaded up gt5 again and loaded my save game all good:), Weird Bug ??? Glitch Hardrive ???
 
You're lucky you didn't lose it sir. I would have cried! :)
 
You're asking for trouble if you pull the plug. Just press the power button and wait a few seconds.
 
Still, would have been easier if they didn't put copy protected saves on them.
 
Id never pull out the power cable unless the actual on/off button didnt work. Scary...
 
Yea when it locks up online you have to pull the plug. Had to do this once.
 
Theres an option under Utilities in Options-Misc. named Salvage Data. I woulda tried that one first?

But glad it sorted itself out. I am too far in now to ever that happen...
 
i was level 20 aspec and 24 bspec,over 80 cars in garage,lost my save game on new years... power outage... i know its gone for good... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

edit:salvage data works like crap... couldnt recover any of my replays even.
 
i was level 20 aspec and 24 bspec,over 80 cars in garage,lost my save game on new years... power outage... i know its gone for good... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

edit:salvage data works like crap... couldnt recover any of my replays even.

that sucks, i backup my save every time i log off of GT5 just in case
 
I play it safe and just copy my game save every time I finish an endurance race on b-spec just in case my PS3 decided to leave me.
 
that sucks, i backup my save every time i log off of GT5 just in case

and you back up on your thumb drive? hell,ve updated to 1.05 and i still get the message i cant copy?
 
Sorry for my inexcusible noobiness...but how do you back up games?

From what I gather, there's a PS3 internal backup function, and then a save to external drive option.

How do you do them lol

I've seen the info somewhere, but I thought it might be nice to have one simple, brief instruction for both types of backups.
 
You're asking for trouble if you pull the plug. Just press the power button and wait a few seconds.

That doesn't work all the time. My PS3 sometimes will just beep 3 times every time I hit the power button when it's frozen.. Pulling the plug is a bad idea also, and that should be a last resort that should never even cross your mind. The next best thing to do would be to flip the switch in the back.. That has been linked as a cause to the YLOD, but it will really only trigger the YLOD of you turn the console off like that every time.. I also have heard of people just cutting the power supply to there PS3 but that also isn't good for the system and you'll get the blinking red light. I've only had that happen to me once because the power in myhouse went out for about 2 seconds while I was playing Call of Duty last year (it's 2011... Wow.)
 
I back up my data to 2 USBs and my computer just to make sure.
If my GT5 save ever gets lost, I would internally combust...
 
I back up my data to 2 USBs and my computer just to make sure.
If my GT5 save ever gets lost, I would internally combust...

well m starting from 0 after finishing up all the seasonal events... believe me,m trying hard not to spontaneously combust... thinking of the 2 mill which i cant even get close to... X(
 
Back