Save game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vonBraun
  • 11 comments
  • 631 views
Messages
5
Probably a n00b-question. But then again, I am a n00b. Both at PS3, GT5 and this forum. :)

Is it possible to save a game and start a new one from scratch?

Building up and raising through the ranks are a big part of the enjoyment for me, so I'd like to try again from level 0 with no money, cars or trophies. But I'd hate to delete my current save game with all the hefty cars, big wads of cash, huge collection of trophies and four B-spec drivers af level >35, in case I want to return to it.

So is it possible to have your pie and eat it too?
 
You can save it on a USB, start a new game and later reload and play your old one, but you'll only be able to use it on that specific account so therefore you can only be using one gamesave at a time.
 
yes it ist. Just save your old game to an usb stick and erase it on the PS3. Then you start new and you can return to your old game by copying the old file back to PS3. ;)
 
Or, create a new PSN account and play through on that account from the beginning.
 
Why don't you make a new username on your PS3? It's easier that way because you have your old account on your original and your new game on a new account? I did that when PSN was down because I got bored and wanted to start again and use slow cars to challenge myself.
 
iamjajo
Or, create a new PSN account and play through on that account from the beginning.

Haha we've said the exact same thing! :) lol
 
New problem: I can't figure out how to save on the USB key. Will any USB do?

A 'how to' guide in n00b language would be much appreciated. :)
 
Or, create a new PSN account and play through on that account from the beginning.

I haven't even created a PSN account yet. As said I'm fairly new to the PS3. I've been hanging on to my old PS1 for waaay too long. :)
 
vonBraun
New problem: I can't figure out how to save on the USB key. Will any USB do?

A 'how to' guide in n00b language would be much appreciated. :)

You go to the XMB menu (the main start screen) then you go to gamesaves, find your Gran Turismo 5 one, click triangle and a sub menu should appear, then click copy, it will then ask you where to copy to, if your USB is plugged in it should come up. You select your USB, it saves it on there and then you should now have your copied gamesave on your USB stick.
 
It worked like a charm with another USB. I guess the first one I tried was faulty somehow, since it didn't pop op in the copy menu. Thanks. :)
 
Back