Saved game restoration problem

• Thread starter VWood
  • 8 comments
South Africa
South Africa
VWood85
Hello,
I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem

I just updated GT6 with all the patches. It worked fine and the game runs.
However, when I copy my old saved game, with 727 hours of play on it, from my backup USB and then enter the game, it resets my profile completely.
I only have 13000 credits and the Merc Vision and the starting Civic.

I have also tried deleting the saved game and then copying my old save file but that doesn't work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
First things first.

Did you buy a new PS3? If yes PM about it and I can tell you a good solution.

I don't know what to tell you though, except for that.

First things first.

Did you buy a new PS3? If yes PM about it and I can tell you a good solution.

I don't know what to tell you though, except for that.

Hi.
No it is not a new ps3.

I did however use the same profile name for my temporary profile during patching. I didn't figure it would make a difference. Perhaps that is the problem?

You have to use the original game saved file when you update GT6. You don't have to backup anything. The game do it itself:rolleyes:. Hope it makes sense;). All my updates have been done when starting game up.
Never done any copying or backup pasting.

You have to use the original game saved file when you update GT6. You don't have to backup anything. The game do it itself:rolleyes:. Hope it makes sense;). All my updates have been done when starting game up.
Never done any copying or backup pasting.

I tried that but the game kept telling me that the save file was from a newer version, as weird as that sounds. It would not let me enter the game until I removed the save file. So I had to remove it to enter the game periodically to successfully complete the patching process (you know the old GT6 patching schtick).
The file was not corrupted or anything, it worked fine until I started patching.

Have you updated your PS3 lately:boggled:, maybe that would solve it. :rolleyes:. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest that you ask @eran0004 for help:cheers:

Edit: I hope you haven't deleted the original saved file:nervous:, you should only have updated your PS3.

Thanks.

I think though that with the increased rate that one gets credits with the patches, I will probably be at the point where I was with my old save by the time a fix is found.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Pretty basic question, but have you plugged the USB into your computer to check to make sure the GT6 save files are still there?

I tried that but the game kept telling me that the save file was from a newer version, as weird as that sounds.
It would be nice if you would take a picture of your TV screen that says why it will not accept your file and then we would know what is your problem.

Back