Saving / backing up your GT5 data?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blank_Redge
  • 5 comments
  • 786 views
Messages
743
United States
Los Angeles area, CA
Sorry if it's been posted before; didn't see a relevant thread, or anything in the FAQ sticky.

So, I have a Kingston 8 gig USB drive. I *thought* I had successfully backed up my current GT5 progress (along with some snazzy pics taken in Photo Mode), but when I peruse said USB drive, I'm not seeing anything that looks like game data (or the picture files)?

What am I doing wrong?
 
When you view it on a PC, there should be a folder named PS3. Inside that there'll be a folder called save data.

Did you just copy your main save to the stick? (highlight gt5 save, press triangle, choose copy and select the usb drive)
 
When you view it on a PC, there should be a folder named PS3. Inside that there'll be a folder called save data.

Did you just copy your main save to the stick? (highlight gt5 save, press triangle, choose copy and select the usb drive)
Correct.

I think I'm having trouble finding the file, since I'd used this same USB drive previously to back up game data off the old PS3 that crapped out on me.

I do see the PS3 folder, but I'm not sure which subfolder is for GT5, and I can't seem to locate the .jpgs I attempted to save from Photo Mode.


edit: right right; I believe I've found my GT5 save data. Looks about right, size wise (635 kb). Still have no idea where my .jpg files are, though. =\
 
Did you export the jpg's to the ps3 dashboard photo folder and save them to usb from there?
 
Did you export the jpg's to the ps3 dashboard photo folder and save them to usb from there?
Hm. That must've been the step I had missed.

I'll give it another go when I get home. Thanks muchly, gents. :)
 
Back