saving forza 4 replays to usb

Does anyone know if it is possible to save replays, not movies to a usb and watch them on a laptop. If so how and do I need to down load software and again if so where do i get it. Im looking to not spend any money if possibe. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

I'm amazed by how many people fail to comprehend how replays work.

Notice how you can switch between 874 different views during a replay, rather than being stuck with just one? Notice how you can pause it and jump straight into the replay to take photos, with full freedom to move about in the replays? Put in your copy of your favorite movie and try doing this. You can't, because your movie is just an as-is video, while game replays are live, real-time renderings, just like when you played the race.

The replays aren't videos. They're sets of instructions that tell your Xbox 360 what game data it needs to load and what exactly to do with that information to render the replay in real time. This means that, in order to play the replay on a PC or laptop, it must have an Xbox 360 emulator to run the game and all of the content of the FM4 game discs to pull from.

👍

Notice how you can switch between 874 different views during a replay, rather than being stuck with just one? Notice how you can pause it and jump straight into the replay to take photos, with full freedom to move about in the replays? Put in your copy of your favorite movie and try doing this. You can't, because your movie is just an as-is video, while game replays are live, real-time renderings, just like when you played the race.

The replays aren't videos. They're sets of instructions that tell your Xbox 360 what game data it needs to load and what exactly to do with that information to render the replay in real time. This means that, in order to play the replay on a PC or laptop, it must have an Xbox 360 emulator to run the game and all of the content of the FM4 game discs to pull from.

👍

You would need to purchase one of those capture card to save replays as pure video files. Otherwise, what IceMan PJN said...

Very well said. *salutes*

So I cant replay these on my Wii????...Bummer

Welcome to the Forum Terry........:cheers:

I always used to think replays were just several video files which the game lets you switch between when you want to (I didn't think about photo mode) until I watched one of my GT5 laps several times where I just about missed some dirt and sometimes when played the dirt went in to the air whereas in others there would be none. It basically just runs the lap again exactly how you did it and gives you the options, at least that's how I understood it when someone explained it a bit further to me.

It's a shame we can't just turn them into instant video files, these 30 second clips are OK but when you're piecing together a lap of the nurburgring it can get quite frustrating.

Back