Saving in ....

  • Thread starter Thread starter m7ammed
  • 28 comments
  • 1,310 views
Messages
1,565
Saudi Arabia
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Messages
m7ammed84
I've been reading alot on this forum and I did a search ,but does any one know if we can save during an endurance race,because sometimes they take 2 hours and for instance youwant to go to bed yo cant jus keep the PS2(thats what i did in gt3 kept PS2 on for hours).

sorry if this topic has been posted :)
 
No-one knows 100% at stage, that is to the best of my knowledge...

Concensus is that it maybe an option this time around...
 
If its true the 24hour races are in, then there would have to be mid race saves. I wonder if in a long endurance (24hour for example) you could race awhile and then switch drivers? Then it would go into B spec intill you pitted him and switched again.

Just a thought.
 
I'm all for the pause in enduros!! It could also be used as a save and reload trick to nail an f1 car. Yay!
 
24hrs driving at home would be crazy. I mean there are only few, that would actually do that. Because that would be crazy. Savegame between pit stops must be allowed in 24hrs race.
 
If the 24 hr is in i'm going to get my license as fast as I can to race that. there is only one other game that i know of that has that lng of a race and gt4 having it just brought this game up to a whole new level. man i can't wait till this game comes out.
 
I think there should be no save option during 24 hr race, I mean, it's perfectly normal to play videogames 24hrs straight. :)
 
Lamp
I think there should be no save option during 24 hr race, I mean, it's perfectly normal to play videogames 24hrs straight. :)
Is it normal? Hell no!
If it's true...I hope you can save whenever you want ;)
 
I wouldn't mind it if you could even exit out of the race after saving and do something else befroe you are ready to tackle it again. Of cource you can't use the same car ;)
 
T100 i thin that you should have to stick with that one race it would be like racing a championship in GT3 where when you load the game back up you would be in the middle of the championship and if you wanted to quit and do some thing else then you had to quit the whole entire series.
 
Your right but it was a little bit different because the championships mixed up the races alot so you didn't do the same thing for an hour. Can you imagine doing 24 hours of the same thing. I'm a big racing fan but come on that is just nuts.
 
You'd be fine just pausing the thing overnight...unless you have one of the new PS2s maybe *runs*

switching to b-spec on the fly would be sweet.
 
Even with a save game option I wouldn't touch a 24 hour race. 24 hours, 1 car vs 5 dumb opponents on 1 track, erm no thanks... :crazy:
 
T100 24hr races are not and i'm just nuts to race them. But a 24 hr race would be better if they had a least 12 cars in it and it should be one of the harder races in the game.
 
They should save 24Hr races for GT5, It would be to boring without the mechanical problems they sometimes get at the real Le Mans, and with slow AI, it would be like doing a time trial for a ridiculous amount of time.
For GT5 I think it would be fine. Alot more cars on track (Hopfully more compeditive) and possible damage.
 
Imagine losing the 24 hour enduro on the last coupleof laps due to you falling asleep at the whell. That would piss me off to the point of throwing my pad out the window.
 
Well you could just load it up and try again!

:D
 
Winning an endurance by 50 or more laps above the other 5 A.I., bring it on :sly:
 
T5-R
Even with a save game option I wouldn't touch a 24 hour race. 24 hours, 1 car vs 5 dumb opponents on 1 track, erm no thanks... :crazy:

Exactly.
 
they should not save 24hr to gt5. having it in the game just gives us gt crazies more to do until gt5 comes out, it will still be fun with fuel consumption and the new tire option menu that will pop up when pitting so i say bring on the 24hr race day.
 
I wonder just how many 24 hr races are going to be in?
There was mention of a few.
 
I actually would like the idea. With fuel consumption and such it would have an extra difficulty.

But, I would like the game to be saved only every 2 hours or so, like driving a stint, then save...
 
didn't this thread would have as many posts , anyway it would be cool to have the 24H lemans or Nubr, that as some one mentioned above should keep us busy until GT5 and PS3 come out ,just imagine that you have 2 hours free time each day and You play a 24hour race it would take you 12 days to finish [;)]
 
One thing I just thought of that has to be in the 24hr enduro is day light changing (going from night to day) and there should be weather change thrown in there too backing that race by it's self one of the best in the game.
 
I thought there was something mentioned earlier where you can speed up time in B-Spec mode. Actually driving for 24 hours would definitely be more for the hardcore gamers, but if you could do a 24 hour race in B-Spec in a couple of hours, that seems more acceptable for the casual gamers out there.

later,
mk
 
I don't think I could handle 24 hours, even if I could save it. I have trouble staying focused on a 2 hour endurace, normally end up pausing it every 30 minutes or something... B-spec mode will be my friend for the big endurance races, though it would be nice to hop in a drive for a bit, then switch with the B-spec AI.
 
eclipz
I thought there was something mentioned earlier where you can speed up time in B-Spec mode. Actually driving for 24 hours would definitely be more for the hardcore gamers, but if you could do a 24 hour race in B-Spec in a couple of hours, that seems more acceptable for the casual gamers out there.

later,
mk
Yes, I think the initial b-spec press release said you can speed the race up by 4 times.
 
Sven
Yes, I think the initial b-spec press release said you can speed the race up by 4 times.

Excellent 2hour enduros turned into 30mins :sly:
 
Back