Saving replays to XMB

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shirrako
  • 5 comments
  • 913 views
Messages
1,410
United Kingdom
London, UK
Messages
Shirrako
PD really needs to add this feature, Saving replays to your XMB and sharing the videos with your friends or uploading them on the internet, not the crappy way of saving replay data we have at the moment.
I would love to be able to upload replays on youtube and share them with people i know, i don't want to wait until GT6 for this feature, like seriously PD has to add this to GT5.
 
Last edited:
I agree, although it is really Sony that should develop in game recording, as part of their operating system, would be nice addition to existing PS3 / Vita platform. But knowing how they are paranoid in the world of Digital Rights Content Protection, I don't ever see this happening. I use the Vita / ipad3, or set-top DVDRW to do the video recording. There is also Avermedia plugin cards, or standalone game recorders, but all this is extra cost to us, most don't want to be bothered with. If you're heavily into video editing, as a hobby even, then this cost may be worth your time.
 
I'll not claim to be the most clued-up person regarding laws, but wouldn't PD have to pay licensing fees/royalties if they were to integrate a video codec into their game software to enable such a feature?
 
As I understand it, the upload videos direct to youtube feature was removed due to the PS3 not having enough memory.
 
As I understand it, the upload videos direct to youtube feature was removed due to the PS3 not having enough memory.

Yes, memory space would certainly be an issue if someone wanted to save and upload a full-length 9 hour or 24 hour endurance race. But the average 3-5 lap race should not take up all that much space, and they decided not even to offer video recording as an option. Fail.
 
A 5 lap replay, with a total time of 8.30, recorded at 1920 x 1080 ends up at ~600MB. I believe that's more than the PS3 has, and remember that it has to be running GT5 as well as recording the video. Yes, it can use HD space, but it's not really practical.
 
Back