saving replays...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rickysl95
  • 7 comments
  • 1,007 views
Messages
318
Messages
IRicky95
Messages
PXL Ricky
been wondering how or even if it is possible to save online multi player replays? tried a few times now and never seen the button couldn't find anything on this anywhere either, just wanting to know for if me and my mates ever get our drifting up to scratch and decide to make a video and even more important to taker some amazing pics of those amazing moments that are to come in GT5 :)

thanks Ricky
 
been wondering how or even if it is possible to save online multi player replays?

thanks Ricky

After the race, when you're back in the lounge/lobby, click on the button for "Race Results". Once in that screen, in the center, at the bottom, is a button to save the replay. You can then watch it later at your leisure. Make sure you do it before you start the next race or it will be wiped out.

Cheers.
 
I have another question about replays... I can export it to a save file to XMB, but can I transfer it to my PC and upload to youtube?
 
After the race, when you're back in the lounge/lobby, click on the button for "Race Results". Once in that screen, in the center, at the bottom, is a button to save the replay. You can then watch it later at your leisure. Make sure you do it before you start the next race or it will be wiped out.

Cheers.

oh thank you have never actualy looked in there cheers for the help man :)
 
I have another question about replays... I can export it to a save file to XMB, but can I transfer it to my PC and upload to youtube?

this i did earlier on today you can export it to your pen drive or whatever but its saved as like code or whatever (im a novice when it comes to this stuff so i don't know the proper name) and not a video file so when you open the USB on your pc you wont actually be able to open the file.

hope this helped :)
 
I have another question about replays... I can export it to a save file to XMB, but can I transfer it to my PC and upload to youtube?

I don't believe so, no. It's not in any kind of standard format that could be recognized (MPEG4, AVI, H.264). I think pretty much all you can do by exporting the file to the XMB is then copy it onto a media card and transfer it over to another PS3.

On a side note, my personal suspicion is that the Export to YouTube idea was either dropped, or it will eventually make it's appearance via update in a form that most will find very unsatisfying. I'm no expert in video processing but I know converting a full HD replay of a race which is ~ 15 minutes would take an enormous amount of processing power. Even stuck in the XMB with other functions disabled, it would probably take the PS3 an hour or more to process. I believe the only hope for this function to survive would be (a) via limited length uploads (10 minutes or less) in 240p. Or (b) a system where the video files are uploaded to Sony Servers for remote processing and uploading.
 
Screw the PS3. All we need is a windows app that can convert the XMB. Let the desktop grind away for however long while I keep playing GT5.
 
Another thing...

Can you save replays from only free runs online?
 
Back