Saving

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeffaz1622
  • 17 comments
  • 794 views
Messages
1
I spent almost all of my money on a Ford GT but turned off autosave because I just wanted to test it out. I was looking to buy a car I wanted as my main car. After I bought it, I practiced with it, never saved it and when I started the game up again, I still had it and very little money. I'm ticked. I went to options and it still says Autosave is restricted. Why did it save? Why did they make this game like EA Sports makes theirs: obsessed with saving? I decided I didn't want it and the resale value is only $31,000 - ridiculously low! So I don't feel like playing this game anymore because I don't want the car and don't feel like spending all that time racing again to get money for a new one.
 
Jeffaz1622
I spent almost all of my money on a Ford GT but turned off autosave because I just wanted to test it out. I was looking to buy a car I wanted as my main car. After I bought it, I practiced with it, never saved it and when I started the game up again, I still had it and very little money. I'm ticked. I went to options and it still says Autosave is restricted. Why did it save? Why did they make this game like EA Sports makes theirs: obsessed with saving? I decided I didn't want it and the resale value is only $31,000 - ridiculously low! So I don't feel like playing this game anymore because I don't want the car and don't feel like spending all that time racing again to get money for a new one.

I think the auto save option is great, if you don't cheat then its no problem, and it also makes you seriously think about buying a car or upgrades (especially early on in your game).

In real life you don't go buy a Ford GT, Mod it up and decide you don't want it a week later and take it back from where you got it from right? No, so why would it be different in a game called "The Real Driving Simulator"...
 
I tried it with the gillet. urgh. It was a toss up between that and the corvette. I later discovered neither of them would cut it with the fast cars
 
Jeffaz1622
I spent almost all of my money on a Ford GT but turned off autosave because I just wanted to test it out. I was looking to buy a car I wanted as my main car. After I bought it, I practiced with it, never saved it and when I started the game up again, I still had it and very little money. I'm ticked. I went to options and it still says Autosave is restricted. Why did it save? Why did they make this game like EA Sports makes theirs: obsessed with saving? I decided I didn't want it and the resale value is only $31,000 - ridiculously low! So I don't feel like playing this game anymore because I don't want the car and don't feel like spending all that time racing again to get money for a new one.

The elderly PS2 does not have enough RAM so they bypass this by saving to your memory card frequently.
 
Every time you get in a car the game will save itself.
 
At least it does it in the background...the only thing more annoying than a game with an "auto-save" that brings the game to a halt with a "Now Saving to Memory Card..." screen, is one with an "auto-save" that brings the game to a halt with a "Now Saving to Memory Card..." screen, and requires confirmation to do so! :rolleyes:
 
I likee the autosave in gt4, but the one in nfsu:2 is ghey...
 
I wish they would have kept the dang hard drive so we wouldn't be having the topic at all (blame sony "retards").
 
Sleek Stratos
Every time you get in a car the game will save itself.

Sleek Stratos is right.

If your only source of fun in this game is racing the Ford GT then you are going to be missing out on many of the better races.

You shouldn't depend on being able to hit the reset button and have everything be just like it was before you saved it.

Anyways, you can win the money back easily, and there's a great car on sale for 31k somewhere :)
 
If you want to just try a car why don´t you just go to arcade mode and drive i there? Then if you like it, by it! :confused:
 
M3_CSL
If you want to just try a car why don´t you just go to arcade mode and drive i there? Then if you like it, by it! :confused:

If the car is not available by default in arcade mode, and you can't win it in a competition (I think you can win the Ford GT in premium sports lounge), then the only way to test-drive a car is to buy it.
 
A back up save on another memory card is the answer.
If I dont like the car I can always restart from the back up.
 
This is ridiculous... stick a wing on that thing (errh... can you?) or put on some racing slicks... use it to win cash, buy more cars... hell, if you find it tricky, just put B-Spec Bob in it, stick it in a few enduros or long races, and you've got your 100,000+ credits back in half an hour or less.
 
Yeah the autosave that can't be turned off is about as nannying as those ESP systems that some manufacturers (Merc in particular) are fond of fitting that can't actually be turned off. :irked:

Gimme an on and an off option. Don't give me "visible" or "invisible but still here" options. :mad: :banghead: :grumpy: 👎 👎 👎

/end rant/

Anyways at least the GT is good enough to b-spec one of the American series. Can't remember which one, but the prize is the Corvette racecar worth over 200000 credits. So each time you b-spec the three races, which takes about 15 minutes total, you earn around 250000 credits. Do it three or four times and you can afford almost any car you want.
 
You can use the Ford GT to win you over 240k in less than 10 mins with no trouble at all in the second special condition hall event, 2 race, RSC rally raid price car, sells for 244k.
 
eastley
In real life you don't go buy a Ford GT, Mod it up and decide you don't want it a week later and take it back from where you got it from right?


Tell that to Jeremy Clarkson (disregarding the mod part) :p.
 
The autosave option is for game status only. Any garage change is saved at the time it happens, no choice. The game save should actually be thought of as two files, a status file and a garage file. You may have seen people talk about backing up their game by changing memory cards during the game, to save it onto another card. (Even though this is explicitly warned against in the manual.) They end up with a status file, but an empty garage, only the car that was current when they swapped cards. (BTW, the way to back up the game is to copy it in the browser.)
 
Back