SCAM THE ENDUROS: A way to win a 4h in a 2CV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
San Francisco,
machate-man
dowby
*Note to Moderators*
I do not intend on this to be "False knowledge":If I am proven wrong in this thread, then please lock it, or do as you see appropriate:bowdown:
I have saved the best for last......

I have been trying various cars at the 'Ring with low PP values, so I happen to be running a low powered Mazda RX-8 in the 4 Hour Race. After 3 1/2 hours its apparent that I can't win, so I start thinking about this quirk again.

So at the beginning of lap # 25, I'm in 3rd place behind the Amuse S2000 and the NISMO Fairlady Z-tune, and there are 9 minutes to go before the 4 hour mark will be reached.

So since I have no chance in catching the two leaders, I decide to cut my losses and aim for 2nd place earnings.

How am I going to earn 2nd place winnings if I'm in 3rd place you ask?

Has GTsail been inhaling too much exhaust?

The answer: By Slowing Down!!💡

My plan is to cross the S/F line just after the leader crosses the Finish line, even though I will be one lap down!

So I throttle back and get caught by the 4th place NISMO 380RS as I go thru Pflanzgarten III at 50mph. Next, going thru Galgenkopf, I get caught by the 5th place High End G37. Next, just before the T10 checkpoint, I get caught and passed by both the 6th place RE Amemiya RX-7 and the 7th place AEM S2000. About half-way down the long straight, I get passed by the 8th place NISMO Skyline GTR S-tune. A bit further along I get passed by the 9th place Nissan Skyline GTR. So with one minute left before the 4 hour mark, I've fallen down to 9th place in the race.

I continue on and complete my 25th lap, just about 5 seconds after the clock reaches the 4 hour mark. The game immediately says FINISH, and puts the car grid up in the middle of the TV screen, and it shows my Mazda RX-8 as the 1st place car!!:) The game takes over the driving of my car, and throttles back to the 50mph finishing speed. After 30 seconds of this, and since no other cars have come by and crossed the S/F line, the race ends and I get awarded the 1st place earnings of $481,000!!!

The game also awards me the the 1st place XP points of 2,063,947 (which are of no use to me since I'm level 40), even though I was in 9th place before I crossed the S/F line!

NICE!

Shocked as I was, nevertheless, somehow I was able to gather up my wits. and gather up the cash, and scurry off before any of the track stewards could catch up with me:)

Enjoy the racing!
GTsail

The following was a discovery made by GTsail that you can win any timed endurance race by crossing the line before the game auto-stops the race.

In a timed endurance, GT5 will always record the car that crosses the line first as the winner, despite the fact that the said car hasn't completed the most laps. The only time this doesn't apply is when another car crosses the line, and records the # of laps it did. GT5 will then re-arrange the standings according to Laps, since there is more than one car on the board.

I intend on winning the 4h Nurburgring A-spec with a Citroen 2CV.

If possible, I will try to get a picture, but that isn't likely:ill:

WIsh me luck!

*NOTE you need to complete at least 1 lap*
*NOTE* Here's the specific plan:
1. Complete one lap, but don't cross the line
2. Wait at the line until the final seconds of the race.
2.5: Also, gauge how far the nearest opponent is to the line. If he's close (~15sec, or an inch on your map) then sorry, it's time wasted.
3. If he's far (1/2 way through the lap) then you're in luck! Cross the line, then start mashing X to end the race quicker. (In theory) You should be awarded the winner, and get the appropriate prizes:)

Last edited:
Preferebly with Nurburg 24h/4h, but possible on Le mans(I wouldn't rely on it)

Try it first on the 4h, just for the sake of time.

*NOTE you need to complete at least 1 lap for it to work*

*Note to Moderators*
I do not intend on this to be "False knowledge":If I am proven wrong in this thread, then please lock it, or do as you see appropriate:bowdown:

Basically you've gotta cross the line once time is up before anyone else to be classified first? Just trying to make sure I got the plan right....

Basically you've gotta cross the line once time is up before anyone else to be classified first? Just trying to make sure I got the plan right....
yes, but here's the specific plan:
1. COmplete one lap, but don't cross the line
2. Wait at the line until the final seconds of the race.
2.5: Also, gauge how far the nearest opponent is to the line. If he's close (~15sec, or an inch on your map) then sorry, it's time wasted.
3. If he's far (1/2 way through the lap) then you're in luck! Cross the line, then start mashing X to end the race quicker. (In theory) You should be awarded the winner, and get the appropriate prizes:)

yes, but here's the specific plan:
1. COmplete one lap, but don't cross the line
And there's where you haven't thought this through. You've completed 1 lap, the AI have completed 25. They are ahead of you. The glitch GTsail mentions should only work if you are on the same lap as the AI.

And there's where you haven't thought this through. You've completed 1 lap, the AI have completed 25. They are ahead of you. The glitch GTsail mentions should only work if you are on the same lap as the AI.

If the game cuts off the race before the AI can finish, they will be considered DNFs, since they never 'finished' the race, and therefore will count as 0 laps:boggled:

ANyways, all of my talk is worth none until I test it out. Your word is as good as mine:sly:

But your 2CV will never make it to first as they've done more laps than you.

Anyanyways, now I've put my mod hat on, why is this here in the race reports forum when there is no race report, and why do we need it when we have a thread that GTsail started about the same thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back