Scapes Bug/Corruption?

• Thread starter BLiTZ
  • 9 comments
United Kingdom
Selby
spooned12000rpm
Bit of an FYI to say that I ran into a frustrating Scapes issue last night…

I was wanting to take a shot with a new car using an existing scape. I went to re-open the old shot in my library and after the first popup ('Preparing...') I got a new popup saying something along the lines of 'unable to open, this spot's data is old'.

Thinking it was a time thing I tried older photos and they were fine in fact I was able to open all the other ones I tried but any picture taken using this particular scape (where it's been taken by opening the previous one) won’t open suggesting there's some sort of corruption in the settings for that particular shot (or perhaps PDI has done some sort of update to that location meaning old shots are no longer compatible?!).

I was able to successfully take a new shot at the same location starting fresh and then able to reopen that new shot from the library so it doesn't appear to be the location that's bugged, just the data from the historic shot. It’s annoying as I liked the settings and not only am I unable to reuse the shot I can’t get into it to retrieve the settings.

I can’t see this mentioned elsewhere so I’m not sure if others have seen this bug, but it's one to watch out for if you like to re-use existing shots as this appears to have happened at random.

I haven't had this bug but when I tried to export my shot with the two Subarus on it I got a corrupted file like 10 times, either half the shot was just gray or there was an offset cut in the middle of the shot :boggled: I tried another USB stick and it worked just fine, really odd :scared:

I haven't had this bug but when I tried to export my shot with the two Subarus on it I got a corrupted file like 10 times, either half the shot was just gray or there was an offset cut in the middle of the shot :boggled: I tried another USB stick and it worked just fine, really odd :scared:
That sounds more like an issue with the USB drive as I once had similar issues with an old SD card in a camera, but not good either way.

That sounds more like an issue with the USB drive as I once had similar issues with an old SD card in a camera, but not good either way.
Yeah oddly it worked for the 20 other photos I exported to that USB drive previously :D I need to check what happens with the next ones

Wait....you can open existing shots to re-use the location and settings?

I've been memorizing settings and filters to do re-shoots :lol: thanks for the information!
You can also reload the filter settings from previous images if you scroll right to the end of the preset filter list ;)

You can also reload the filter settings from previous images if you scroll right to the end of the preset filter list ;)

I need to take a proper look at how this stuff works because I always mess with the filters for ages to get the right look, it would be good to be able to access previous settings quickly.

I've been memorizing settings and filters to do re-shoots :lol: thanks for the information!
I am surprised you have not created a few secret text files containing your written down settings. And if you did release one file a few portions of it would be redacted. 👍

Latest Posts

Back