Scary AI share your stories

  • Thread starter Thread starter Z E V
  • 29 comments
  • 1,021 views
Messages
116
Well, back in the days before I had discovered GT3 forums I was playing GT3 like a rabid monkey, and was in a long race on Seatle II, and was frustrated by how long the tournament was taking so I decided to have some fun with the car in second place that I had just lapped. It was an NSX and I throughout the whole second half of the race all I did was drive him into the walls and perposely crash into him. Then suddenly on the beginning of the last lap on that first quick left-right, where I was properly sideways WHAM!!! that abused NSX, instead of deciding to brake for the turn decided to ram into me at a full 150mph speed smashing me into the wall in retribution :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I was so freaked out not knowing what the hell happened that I yelped like dog. Then I realized what happened and started laughing like crazy. Then suddenly stopped laughing when I realized it was not a person who had reached his breaking point and sought revenge, but a computer. I was first very very scared :scared: , then awed when I realized this was the revolutionary AI that Yamauchi was talking about in magazine articles :bowdown:

Share your Crazy AI stories here.
 
i accidentically rammed a trueno in the second last lap (Beginners 80's cup i think) into the first turn of Seattle II and he got stuck in the guard-rail. i'm kinda glad i did that cuz i had a hard time keeping up with him in my silvia with a couple of mods. watching the replay was hilarious. he kept accelerating into the guard-rail and he refused to reverse throughout the whole lap!
 
Wow...that AI must've been really frustrated...:odd: :lol:
 
...have a scary Ai confrontation every time the AI get in the way...;)
 
not that i can think of

but i know someone at these forums was in the f1 champ and he was losing by like 10 secs and was losing time, he was gonna go pit and hope he coulda make that time up, but the 94 pitted to and the 94 was the pit behind him, as he went in he hit the 94 and when it left it got stuck on whoever it was and he couldnt go until he left
 
I was in Laguna Seca in the F1 championship and pitted in too fast and Auto Drive smacked head on into the wall, and was too stupid to reverse and turn, so I lost the race (I was so pissed off I just watched it Auto Drive into the wall for like 10 minutes) and had to load up and start it over.
 
whenever I have rammed an AI into the wall they seem to be quite happy to just keep on ramming ino the wall over and over again - They seem to do it as long as facing the start finish line ??
u can do it at the end of the tunnel at monaco - straight into the wall and they just stay there for the whole race !!!
 
yep, juz follow and when they slam on the brakes ram them if done right they should stay
 
I cant help but ram them again though at full tilt after comin out the tunnel !!!
Try to squash the car through the barriers !!!!
 
I can recall that during the Laguna Seca enduro, there was a CLK Touring Car which would spin out on the final turn before the start/finish line every single lap. It stirkes me as kinda scary that there's any reason the car would make the same mistake over and over constantly...
 
Hey Blaze, that's what AI can't do, adapt. They will always make the same mistake over and over again.... even though the AI is very realistic, it is much weaker than the human mind.. =)
 
Laguna Seca is probably the most common track for the AI to mess up. If they are using fast cars, they will usually spin out on the corkscrew and/or the last corner of the course. They seem to have trouble with Seattle, too.
 
It also seems like the AI cars in GT3 are after you sometimes. They hit the back of your car on purpose to get revenge on you. They try to mess you up every once in a while.
 
The Shelby Cobra Hitting the wall at Seatlle always scaries me :rolleyes:
 
Originally posted by wildcard
Laguna Seca is probably the most common track for the AI to mess up. If they are using fast cars, they will usually spin out on the corkscrew and/or the last corner of the course. They seem to have trouble with Seattle, too.

Yeah, but it still strikes me as being kinda odd. Especially since the CLK was the slowest car of the field, and seemed to be the only one having that problem.
 
I ran the Esperante into the side of the pit wall near the final turn at the Laguna Seca Endurance... he sat there for 8 laps before he finally got loose.
 
It's funny to watch the two Skylines in the All-Japanese Pro. Especially at Laguna!! They can't take a turn to save their lives! It gets to be a pain driving around them, though.
I hate the way they try to pin me against the wall! Especially at Cote!!
Seattle is merciless. Rt. 11 is always a roller derby, but it's fun.
 
i had the AI "attack" me back after i bump them or hit them, i think they were programed to do that, and on the back of the box it says that the AI is programed with "emotion" psysics. that could be the reason.
 
Originally posted by Speeding drifter
i had the AI "attack" me back after i bump them or hit them, i think they were programed to do that, and on the back of the box it says that the AI is programed with "emotion" psysics. that could be the reason.

Try the Amateur GT All-Stars series when the field is loaded up with JGTC cars. They're so aggressive that they'll do everything short of getting out of the car and trying to beat you to death.

I think the drivers are Yakuza. :p
 
Originally posted by Z E V
I was in Laguna Seca in the F1 championship and pitted in too fast and Auto Drive smacked head on into the wall, and was too stupid to reverse and turn, so I lost the race (I was so pissed off I just watched it Auto Drive into the wall for like 10 minutes) and had to load up and start it over.

:lol: Yeh same thing happened to me once at Laguna I came in to pit row to fast for auto drive to handle:banghead:
Once in a race at Seattle II I cant remember the championship but I was running a poly 002 (f1) and one of the rivals was a GT40 anyways for the first few laps he got stuck in the wall at the first chicane as I overtook him he broke free and it was impossible to keep in front:O he was doing about 400mph down the straights, totally unrealistic just to make up the gap. OK I am not the fastest driver round here but I aint slow either I have never seen anything like this before or since in GT3.
:confused:
 
Another reason why it seams that there is one particular car (or sometimes cars) in each race is because PD programed each AI drive to have an individual personality, some are agressive some are meak, so even if that CLK touring car was the slowest one it could have gotten freaked out at that corner, or was too agressive trying to catch up.
 
Yeh, at Laguna Seca, can't remember the race, but a Pennzoil Nismo always spun out after the corkscrew, flailing wildly across the track...and then that last turn used to always catch a GT40 race in a different series...:D
 
Thats strange how you guys say the AI never reverse's they always reverse for me, Auto drive does it too.....

Maybe it's because I've got the Aussie version of the game or..........................................
























:eek: :eek: :eek: MAYBE THE AI HAS ADAPTED........ :eek: :eek: ....
 
AI can reverse...but if it gets rammed hard enough it never thinks of reversing...it just plows into the wall at first gear.
 
They have adaptable AI in computer games, it's just that you need the storage space to store the lessons they learn. I'm not sure if there is enough space on the GT3 save game file to do that, but there could be.
 
You can tell if an AI cars tyres are going of as well sometimes depending on the car in particular the more powerfull ones they drop of speed wise big time and become even more erratic.
 
my scary one is that they will be far behind and then catch up out of no where?/?????/?
 
/\
***Has sudden Mariokart 64 flashbacks***

Nooo!!!! :irked:
 
Back