Scavenger Hunt Week 12 - check post 1 for details.

• Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 946 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The top one is a 1997-2004 Ford F-150 ex-cab, long bed, which is 244.1 inches (6.2 meters) long.

The bottom one is a 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado HD but from that photo it's impossible to tell which version it is and thus how long it is.

Regardless that Ram Wagon (not Ram Van - 'Ram Van' is the name given to the 8- or 12-passenger models; that one's a 15-passenger Ram Wagon) is going to be your longest spot. You've quoted the length for the 8-passenger van; I can't seem to find the length for the 15-p but I've driven F-150s, I've driven Silverados, and I've driven 15-passenger vans - trust me when I say the vans are MUCH larger.

Well, here we go!

Slowest German Car

The MKIII Jetta, presuming with the best of certainties that it has the 115 BHP I4 with the 4-speed automatic, 0-60 wouldn't arrive any faster than 11 seconds in most cases. And no, it isn't mine, but interestingly it appears to be one of the Jettas I nearly bought (I believe it to be the K2) at my VW dealer (see the giant circular sticker).

Longest Car

I believe it to be a 1966 Chevrolet Impala, which comes in at 216 in in length. Thats a solid 18 feet in length.

...I'll update if I come across more...

I might as well quit on the longest car. My runner up is a Mercedes S-Class, which is about 5.2 metres long. I'll post my 'nominees' tonight, when I get home.

And it's double post time... here's my findings.

1. Slowest German Car
I found a few, and to be honest, up to about an hour ago, I thought I had it.

Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 = 14,3 secs.

Volkswagen Beetle 1960-1967 = 15,8 secs.

Opel Corsa A 1.2 = 16,5 secs.

Smart Fortwo = 18,3 secs.

Opel Corsa A 1.0 S = 19,5 secs. (I thought this was it!)

Opel Vivaro 1.9 CDTI = 22,2 secs.

2. Most Expensive Toyota

Toyota MR2 = 31,900€ = $43,777

Toyota Avensis = 32,000€ = $43,818

Toyota Land Cruiser 3-door = 44,975€ = $61,574

Toyota Land Cruiser 5-door = 52,100€ = $71,328

3. Worst Park Job.
The car is parking there, but he stayed there!

It's a shame I couldn't make a video of this, but the end pic is awesome still.

Thumbs (more angles):

4. Longest Car.

Volvo 245DL = 4,84 mts. (190.55 inches)

Renault Vel Satis = 4,86 mts. (191.33 inches)

Volkswagen Multivan = 4,89 mts. (192.51 inches)

Mercedes Benz S-Class '93-'95 = 5,11 mts. (201.18 inches)

BONUS!!!
NONE!!!

I've just discovered I have a photo of a 1999 VW Polo 1.9CL Diesel at 15.3s (0.3s slower than the Smart ForTwo), but, alas, no card reader to get them onto the PC.

D'oh!

It's odd that your Smart is slower than mine...

Checking up on Smarts the other day, I noticed that there's ONE Smart - the Smart ForTwo Pure - which is in the 18s range. Most of the rest of the models are 12-15s.

Good call on the Vivaro though :lol:

I took the pic of the Corsa A 1.0 the day after the categories were posted, since the car is close to my work, so that was my best bet. On a scouting today I saw the Vivaro and saw the 1.9 engine... no way that's faster than a small Corsa.

1. Slowest German Car
Diego

2. Most Expensive Toyota
Famine

3. Worst Park Job.
Diego

4. Longest Car.
Famine

2 for Diego. 2 For Famine!!!

Once again I check in to late, hopefully this week it'll be better.

Actually... I wanted to make a slight change to the procedure to stop this silly lag that's going on. And this draw makes it the perfect time to do so.

I propose a change to the F1 Picture Caption Thread format - so -Diego- can do this week, I shall do next week, the winner of -Diego-'s does the following week, the winner of mine does the following following week and so on. This also gives people a week to think up new categories if necessary.

So, assuming that I have assent, or that I'm an evil supermoderator and I'll ban you all unless you comply, -Diego-, the plate is yours.

I propose a change to the F1 Picture Caption Thread format - so -Diego- can do this week, I shall do next week, the winner of -Diego-'s does the following week, the winner of mine does the following following week and so on. This also gives people a week to think up new categories if necessary.
Sounds like a good plan.

It may also be an idea to restart the thread, seeing as Boz mon seems to have lost interest and hasn't updated the first post in the past 2 "weeks". That way either you or I could update it.

I'm an evil supermoderator and I'll ban you all unless you comply,
Well, that's a given...

I think it's always been the winner who posts the next round... I was just wondering since both you and I had the same amount of points.

So anyway, since I've been one of the top critics about other people's categories, I guess the spotlight is on me now. I think these may be alright. I'll try to keep the categories exotic-free, so we can all take part... save for myself.

1. Oldest Japanese Car
Japanese cars are pretty big nowadays, but in the old days they broke down easily and were kind of disposable. Seeing one that's over 25 years old is pretty rare. Let's see who finds the eldest.

2. Newest car with only one side mirror
Side mirrors are mandatory on all new cars. But this law hasn't been around forever and up to about 20 years ago, they were an option in many cars. Hell, I've seen mid-90s cars with only one. Remember, must be only one side mirror, so if the car doesn't have an internal mirror, it doesn't count. Also, cars that come with two side mirrors, in which one of them has been knocked off, broken or stolen, will not count.

3. Most expensive Volkswagen
People's car? Not anymore. Anyone seen a Phaeton lately?

4. Tallest car
Distance taken from the floor/tarmac up to the roof of the car. Vans, pickup trucks and SUVs are valid as long. Delivery vans (paneled), trailer trucks and construction beasts are not.

Bonus: BMW M Coupe
Maybe my favourite BMW from all time. Very few made, or for a very limited time, rather. In case you're not sure, it's the one that looks like this:

Deadline: Friday 10 August. Midnight GMT

3. Most expensive Volkswagen
People's car? Not anymore. Anyone seen a Phaeton lately?

May I personally shoot you? A little more than 24 hours ago, I was in Phaeton-country. Seriously, in my two-week Berlin stay, I must've seen two a day. Of all trim levels. And they were beautiful at that.
And they aren't even sold here at home. Best shot here is a last-gen Touareg. :(

Famine's proposition sounds good, though.

I presume a car with a missing side mirror doesn't count?

Sounds like a good plan.

It may also be an idea to restart the thread, seeing as Boz mon seems to have lost interest and hasn't updated the first post in the past 2 "weeks". That way either you or I could update it.

Done.

-Diego- - Can you post your categories up in the new thread as well please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back