SCCA Superbird

• Thread starter Jetboy.
  • 7 comments
United States
Pennsylvania
Darkdeeds427
Just as the name implies, this is a road-racing setup of the Superbird. It has served me well, with wins at various single races as well as the Endurance races of Seattle 100, Grand Valley 300km, and the Apricot Hill Enduro.

Parts Bought. (If there is a part I seemingly "missed", this indicates that I did not buy it.)

Suspention: Full Cust
Super Soft tires
Racing Brakes
Gears: Full Cust.
Clutch: Triple
Drive Shaft: Carbon
Flywheel: Racing
Performance Chip: Racing
Port and Polish: done
Engine Ballancing: done
Weight Reduction: Stage 3

Settings:
Suspention:

Spring Rate: 4.1 3.1
Ride Height: 108 108
Damper Bound: 7 7
'' Rebound: 7 7
Camber: 2.0* 1.0*
Toe: 0.00 0.00
Stabilizer: 3 level 3 level

Gears:

Auto Setup: 10

Have fun; this car will take care of you as long as you take care of it. :)👍

Interesting that you barely tweaked the suspension at all! You don't need super soft tires or a fully-modifyable suspension in any of these races by the way, except maybe at Grand Valley 300, in which you're up against RUF Porsche's and possibly a Venturi. I won the Seattle enduro in a Superbird with soft tires and a suspension set up as follows:

Ride Height: 148mm / 143mm
Dampers: 6 / 4
Camber: 5.5° / 1.8°

Brakes: 15 / 10

Tranny: Auto Setup 21
1st: 2.095
2nd: 1.588
3rd: 1.038
4th: .775
Final: 3.890
5th: I don't use 5th gear when racing muscle cars..i pretend it's not there! No true muscle car has more than 4 gears, basically.

Clutch: single
Shaft: carbon
flywheel: stock
Differential & traction controls: none.

I used stage 1 engine tuning with ‘computer’ and racing aspiration (527 bhp@ 5,200 rpm), but my Plymouth didn't have any weight reductions.

It's too bad GT2 doesn't accurately portray the car's underside the way the first game does, otherwise a 108 mm ride height would drag the car's speed way down, especially at SEattle! Even tho my car's height is way higher than yours, all the extra front camber gives the car a lot of grip, surprisingly, even tho it handles like a frickin' boat.

Cool, I may have to apply this setup to one of my 4 and see what happens! :)👍 But yeah, this single setup has helped me much. I used it for the Grand Valley 300 against the Ruf, lotus, Shelby GT500, and 2 other which I cannot recall and won by 8 laps. Maybe they weren't trying. :lol:

Jetboys427
Cool, I may have to apply this setup to one of my 4 and see what happens! :)👍 But yeah, this single setup has helped me much. I used it for the Grand Valley 300 against the Ruf, lotus, Shelby GT500, and 2 other which I cannot recall and won by 8 laps. Maybe they weren't trying. :lol:

It's not that they're not trying...it's simply that the game (GT2) is so frickin' easy. In my opinion, the only time you really need super soft tires is in World Cup, Tuned Turbo races, GT 300 & 500 series, and a few others, and that's really only for cars that have some sort of disadvantage. Try racing the Superbird with soft slicks with with no weight reductions, unless you don't mind non-competetive races. I personally get really bored if i win even by a lap!

Jetboys427
Hmm......maybe I will try it....

I remember really struggling to win against the Shelby Series 1 and '97 Camaro SS. The only reason i won that Seattle enduro was cuz the game makes the Shelby do a pit stop on lap 39...which is ridiculous; it could surely go another lap and win. I got ahead of him on lap 39/40, but my tires were as orange as a tangerine and if the race were 41 laps instead of 40 i would have been passed for sure!

That's the beauty, though...that last lap had me sweating! One spin-out and it's all over, which is always a reality in a super-heavy muscle car running on orange tires (i could eventually see the Shelby in my rear-view mirror).

Well, I tried your setup, and I found it just a touch too understeery for me, but that is the beauty of this game: Each driver has their style and settings can be changed. So, did you try out my settings, Parnelli?

Jetboys427
Well, I tried your setup, and I found it just a touch too understeery for me, but that is the beauty of this game: Each driver has their style and settings can be changed. So, did you try out my settings, Parnelli?

Yeah, i raced the Seatlle race again and tried your set-up during the test run. Very hard for me to control over all the bumps in the track. I actually had a lot more trouble keeping the 'ol Bird going in the direction i wanted! But yeah, that's the beauty of the game...

Back