School Project: Motorsport 7 VS Horizon 3

• Thread starter CBKlein
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
Hey everyone!

I am writing a paper on the evolution of online racing communities and naturally I am including the Forza series in my paper.
The thing is that there is not much information out there about the communities so I'd reach out and ask a couple of questions!

Question 1) Do you feel there are more active users for Motorsport 7 in the PC community or those who play via console?
Question 2) Do you feel there are more active users for Horizon 3 in the PC community or those who play via console?
Question 3) Between the two, what is a more popular franchise and why?
Question 4) Do you feel that people who play Motorsport 7 also play Horizon 3? Or is it typically one or the other?
Question 5) What time of controller do you use? (Wheel or Gamepad?)
Question 6) How do you feel the community has evolved since you started playing? Has anything changed for you?

Thank you so much for your feedback! :D

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain more people play on consoles than on PC, as PC's require an internet connection (Digital only for PC, vs digital AND Disc sales for console.) The game also doesn't run perfectly on everyone's PC, while its pretty reliable on Xbox.

Horizon games sell better than motorsports games at this point, but i think there is a huge overlap in players (myself included)

No comment on the community part of the answer. Good luck with the paper!

I'm fairly certain more people play on consoles than on PC, as PC's require an internet connection (Digital only for PC, vs digital AND Disc sales for console.) The game also doesn't run perfectly on everyone's PC, while its pretty reliable on Xbox.

Horizon games sell better than motorsports games at this point, but i think there is a huge overlap in players (myself included)

No comment on the community part of the answer. Good luck with the paper!
Thank you so much that helps! :)
Out of curiosity, what type of controller do you use? (I know there are a few wheels on the market.)

Hi,

Question 1) Do you feel there are more active users for Motorsport 7 in the PC community or those who play via console?
I feel there are more console players, but they are less vocal on the internet
Question 2) Do you feel there are more active users for Horizon 3 in the PC community or those who play via console?
More console player too, don't forget it has been bundled with the console during sales. Also it's more a game you want to play from your couch.
I think horizon has reached a broader audience, and has become the most popular brand of the two. It has sold more (FH3 vs FM7)
Question 4) Do you feel that people who play Motorsport 7 also play Horizon 3? Or is it typically one or the other?
I think many people played both. I personnaly disliked FH3 driving, and I am going for a more arcade racer to complement FM7.
Gamepad. If I had the money I'd set up a wheel for FM7.
Question 6) How do you feel the community has evolved since you started playing? Has anything changed for you?
I started playing in the 90's. The community has grown in two opposite ways. Part is very helpfull, and the other is rather toxic complaining about everything.

Vinz

I feel fm7 is more appealing to Xbox users, mostly out of habits.

Same as the first one.

Both are popular in their own way, but I thinks Horizon is starting to take over motorsport as the "Big" Forza game.

I think old fans play both. So people playing motorsport are more encline to take the leap and play Horizon for a more fun time, but I'm not sure people who started Forza with horizon are willing to go circuit racing on motorsport.

I have both, I mainly use pad, I don't like how Forza feels with a wheel.

I think the community is not as good, and as big as it used to be. I play since the first Motorsport game, and I remember it getting really big toward Forza 2 and 3, people were making clips, painting , collaborative paintings, or even collaborative setups for cars etc. People were really invested in the game.

Since Forza 5 I feel all of that really downsized.

Thank you so much that helps! :)
Out of curiosity, what type of controller do you use? (I know there are a few wheels on the market.)

I have a logitech wheel (G25 i think, a friend gave it to me when he was moving.) I use the wheel on PC, but I'd say i actually play more frequently on my Xbox, since my TV is bigger and faces my bed. Also i have to get the wheel out and set it up when i want to play, since i don't have a permanent cockpit setup.

So probably just a standard controller 75 percent of the time, but then the wheel 25 percent of the time when i'm trying to get serious.

Back