Scoring!??!!?!?

United States
United States
Okay, hopefully somebody can make sense of it all. So I raced last night. In manufacturer cup i came in second place and for some reason my score is 95 points. What the hell is up with that? Is anybody actually understand the scoring system? Is there somewhere or a link that someone can post on this thread that I can go learn about this? Is anybody else having the same problem?

Okay, hopefully somebody can make sense of it all. So I raced last night. In manufacturer cup i came in second place and for some reason my score is 95 points. What the hell is up with that? Is anybody actually understand the scoring system? Is there somewhere or a link that someone can post on this thread that I can go learn about this? Is anybody else having the same problem?
Nobody knows for sure, but this is the best I can do.

Long story short, the average DR of the lobby determines the points scored for each position. Exactly how, I don't know, but the higher the average DR, the higher the points available.

As for how you get into high average DR lobbies, you need to have a high SR (SR seems to limit DR, below a certain level), a high DR (although not strictly necessary) and a good practice time trial time. So get your rankings up and set good practice time trial times.

I'd guess that with 95pt for a second place finish, your DR is C/D and just about everyone else in the lobby was D.

Nobody knows for sure, but this is the best I can do.

Long story short, the average DR of the lobby determines the points scored for each position. Exactly how, I don't know, but the higher the average DR, the higher the points available.

As for how you get into high average DR lobbies, you need to have a high SR (SR seems to limit DR, below a certain level), a high DR (although not strictly necessary) and a good practice time trial time. So get your rankings up and set good practice time trial times.

I'd guess that with 95pt for a second place finish, your DR is C/D and just about everyone else in the lobby was D.
I have with that is I have been in those same situations and scored much higher

Then the lobby had an higher average DR.

I scored my first 847 points today for finishin 10th in an A S lobby.
See this doesn’t make sense because I finished second yesterday and an an A S and got something like 357 pts. The lobby was all the same with type of rating as myself

If everyone was given equal point distribution regardless of ratings, I don't think you would see much A/S drivers on the top leaderboards.

I absolutely agree better drivers should accrue more points but I'm seeing huge inconsistency because I've never been up in that ranking and I've received upward of 400 points before when I finished in the back of the pack even.

It absolutely makes no sense to me. One last two rounds of the nations cup i raced had different results.
The first round I qualified 1st at Yamagiwa, was a dr d and sr b. Had absolutely no incidents and won the race comfortably. There were several drivers with DR C and sr a ratings. Yet I only scored 136 points.
Yesterday I raced at miyabi, again qualified 1st. This time I was at dr c and sr b, some higher. Won the race and this time got, 266. No incidents, baffled at how they officially score us.

baffled at how they officially score us.
It seems to be a fixed points system, modified by the average Driver Rating of all drivers in the lobby.

Basically, the more drivers there are with higher DR, the more you'll score for the same finishing position.

I don't think it's only the DR in the lobby. That is probably your starting points, then there are affects. your behavior during the race play some role in this also? I think it does. I once placed third, but started 8th. raced clean and got over 400 points. I've also placed 9th, but started 14th and got 350.

IMO, these are the things that keep your score high: Your initial qualifying time and rating which determines your lobby, your overall finishing position (which may just be your avg. lap time versus the other guys in the world) , and then they probably subtract points depending how clean you raced against the track and the other drivers. I.E. penalties, or collisions, etc.

Nope, the iracing System is used. simply as that ^^

It works pretty good for so many Players, too :)

Get you DR and SR up and win against the best Players to get the max Points! Other factors does not matter! :)

Back