Scout casting Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 opening remake assistance + help

United Kingdom
London, UK
Have Jordan the moderator permission to post this.

Gran Turismo 5 is celebrating its 10th anniversary after originally released in 2010 on the Playstation 3, I think on November 24th.

So wanted to find a way of to acknowledge this anniversary and had a bright idea.

I would like to recreate / remake the GT5 Spec 2.0 opening / trailer.

Why? I wanted to do one and it is one of my favourite Gran Turismo openings / trailers period even better than the Sport one.

Video link / video below

Realised that getting people to do it from Gran Turismo 5 itself would be difficult since is 10 years old also I have a problem of not owing a Sony Playstation 4.

So instead decided to use the Gran Turismo Sport game since most people are on there whilst being active. I am aware of Gran Turismo 7 is coming on the Playstation 5 soon.

My idea is to get as many people to assist and help recreate and / or remake as much of the opening / trailer as we can. So mirror or do similar footage to what is on the actual original then edit them into a timeline so it is like the actual Spec 2.0 opening itself.

There are going to have be creative liberties since not all the tracks and cars are featured from Gran Turismo 5 are in GT Sport.

Examples include no Rome Circuit and no Nascars etc.

However I am happy to subtitute them with alternatives such as replacing the Ferrari F10 and so on.

Ideally people need to have recording capture to do this, but I know that Playstation 4 Pro has a capture tool but it is bitrate is not great.

Additionally the footage has to be in 1920 x 1080 not 4K because I do not have the editing capacity to edit in 4K. But if you do record in 4K you can downscale it to 1080p.

Everyone who takes part will be credited and if any social media links will be given in the Youtube description and if anyone has Facebook or Twitter pages then will credit them there alongside names as well.

Want to get as many people on board so the more people we can get the better quality it can be the highest standard.

Deadline to get footage sent is by the end of October and aiming to release this on 24th November which is when Gran Turismo 5 was originally released on the Playstation 3.

A bit about myself if anyone is not aware of me. I go by as mynameissport online. I am based in the UK who has the disability dyspraxia which is a development coordinator disorder.

As a small content creator, I produce English song covers from anime and video games that have not been revised in the English language and not been done previously.

What stands me out unlike most content creators is I produce for fun and not on the whole Patreon and monetisation band wagon.

Have produced with various big and small Youtube channels, you can check out more of my works via the link here - http://www.youtube.com/mynameissport

If you got any questions or like to take part then feel free to post underneath or can private message me.

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested and thank you in advance.

Have Jordan the moderator permission to post this.

Gran Turismo 5 is celebrating its 10th anniversary after originally released in 2010 on the Playstation 3, I think on November 24th.

So wanted to find a way of to acknowledge this anniversary and had a bright idea.

I would like to recreate / remake the GT5 Spec 2.0 opening / trailer.

Why? I wanted to do one and it is one of my favourite Gran Turismo openings / trailers period even better than the Sport one.

Video link / video below

Realised that getting people to do it from Gran Turismo 5 itself would be difficult since is 10 years old also I have a problem of not owing a Sony Playstation 4.

So instead decided to use the Gran Turismo Sport game since most people are on there whilst being active. I am aware of Gran Turismo 7 is coming on the Playstation 5 soon.

My idea is to get as many people to assist and help recreate and / or remake as much of the opening / trailer as we can. So mirror or do similar footage to what is on the actual original then edit them into a timeline so it is like the actual Spec 2.0 opening itself.

There are going to have be creative liberties since not all the tracks and cars are featured from Gran Turismo 5 are in GT Sport.

Examples include no Rome Circuit and no Nascars etc.

However I am happy to subtitute them with alternatives such as replacing the Ferrari F10 and so on.

Ideally people need to have recording capture to do this, but I know that Playstation 4 Pro has a capture tool but it is bitrate is not great.

Additionally the footage has to be in 1920 x 1080 not 4K because I do not have the editing capacity to edit in 4K. But if you do record in 4K you can downscale it to 1080p.

Everyone who takes part will be credited and if any social media links will be given in the Youtube description and if anyone has Facebook or Twitter pages then will credit them there alongside names as well.

Want to get as many people on board so the more people we can get the better quality it can be the highest standard.

Deadline to get footage sent is by the end of October and aiming to release this on 24th November which is when Gran Turismo 5 was originally released on the Playstation 3.

A bit about myself if anyone is not aware of me. I go by as mynameissport online. I am based in the UK who has the disability dyspraxia which is a development coordinator disorder.

As a small content creator, I produce English song covers from anime and video games that have not been revised in the English language and not been done previously.

What stands me out unlike most content creators is I produce for fun and not on the whole Patreon and monetisation band wagon.

Have produced with various big and small Youtube channels, you can check out more of my works via the link here - http://www.youtube.com/mynameissport

If you got any questions or like to take part then feel free to post underneath or can private message me.

Look forward to hearing from anyone interested and thank you in advance.

I love this idea! I go back and watch old GT trailers now and again - other game trailers, too. Don’t know what it is about a good trailer, but I just love re-watching them. Gets me in that creative mood.

By the way, I also have dyspraxia, I know what it’s like - for me, it’s not something that I would say I necessarily struggle with, but in certain circumstances (balancing, activities that require flexibility and clumsiness), it can be quite a pain to deal with (literally in some cases, not fun to stretch too far). I believe some can suffer more than others, Things like not being able to hold a pen properly and not being able to tell their right from their left. I‘m thankful I don’t have it too bad with it, but I feel for those who do.

I’ve recreated a few trailers myself before, it’s awesome when the final product is finally done, but it can be a painstaking process often, when you’re trying to get that perfect shot, or as close to the original as you can, haha. It’s always worth it, though.

I’d love to contribute! I can record at 1080p 60, and if you need any help editing, drop me a message, would be glad to chip in!

It also just so happens that this specific trailer is one of my favourites, too. Can never go wrong with Soul on Display!

It'll be a difficult one seeing as there are so many differences between what is available in each game, but if you need drivers I can help. My PSN is Pyano1132.

Getting the cinematic of the X2019 in the wind tunnel would be mega, though. Too bad my recording software is just the PS4 share button.

Back