Screen Adjustment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJW_GT
  • 15 comments
  • 3,386 views
Messages
591
Messages
DJW_GT
I can't believe it, but I've managed to get stuck on what would appear, at a glance, to be one of the most simple parts of the game!

I'm currently at the 'Adjust Screen' screen, where it asks you to 'press the up and down buttons to move the four marks so that they sit exactly in the four corners of your screen.' Sounds simple enough, but I cant seem to find a way to match up the four marks with the four corners of my screen.

Now then, am I just utterly useless, or am I right in saying that it's physically not possible?!
 
I can't believe it, but I've managed to get stuck on what would appear, at a glance, to be the most simple part of the game!

I'm currently at the 'Adjust Screen' screen, where it asks you to 'press the up and down buttons to move the four marks so that they sit exactly in the four corners of your screen.' Sounds simple enough, but I cant seem to find a way to match up the four marks with the four corners of my screen.

Now then, am I just utterly useless, or am I right in saying that it's physically not possible?!

Depends what type of TV you Have ?

Widescreen you just hit the up an Down till they Hit the Corners , thats all there is to it
 
Depends what type of TV you Have ?

Widescreen you just hit the up an Down till they Hit the Corners , thats all there is to it

Yes, it's widescreen, however it still doesn't hit the corners. The box manages to his the sides of my TV, but I can't, by any means, get it to even come close to the top or bottom sides.
 
mine would not adjust either, but it was not far off, so I left it and moved on :)
 
Yes, it's widescreen, however it still doesn't hit the corners. The box manages to his the sides of my TV, but I can't, by any means, get it to even come close to the top or bottom sides.

Silly Idea what about Left and Right on the PAD ?
 
Silly Idea what about Left and Right on the PAD ?

Nope, no luck there either I'm afraid, thanks for the suggestions though 👍.

mine would not adjust either, but it was not far off, so I left it and moved on :)

Nice to know I'm not a complete idiot then ;).
 
Silly idea indeed seeing as how no buttons besides up and down on the d-pad or left analog do anything... (Mine is off to the left a bit, no idea how to fix it)
 
Is your TV picture was set to 'zoom' in the TV's own menu/setup?
 
Please help me here guys, I seem to be completely screwed. I've got a standard tv (not widescreen) and I've got about 2 inches of black bar on both the top and the bottom of the display. How do I tell this game to not be in widescreen? It's unplayable right now.
 
See if you can change the aspect or input signal on your TV settings. I know my TV needs to be set to 'just scan' or something like that to display the full 1080p picture, otherwise in 16:9 or whatever is default it zooms a little. That might be why your screen edges are not in the right place.
 
I can't believe it, but I've managed to get stuck on what would appear, at a glance, to be one of the most simple parts of the game!

I'm currently at the 'Adjust Screen' screen, where it asks you to 'press the up and down buttons to move the four marks so that they sit exactly in the four corners of your screen.' Sounds simple enough, but I cant seem to find a way to match up the four marks with the four corners of my screen.

Now then, am I just utterly useless, or am I right in saying that it's physically not possible?!

I'm pretty sure the ratio doesn't change, you can't adjust horizontal and vertical corners independently... so if they don't match up either your TV isn't 16:9 or it's something to do with your TV/PS3 settings and not the game.
 
I don't know what television you have or what it can do, but if you have these settings, try Full-Screen or Full-Pixel. You can always re-adjust your screen through the game's menus and have another go at it. Good luck!

👍
 
I had pretty much the same question, but with a different approach.

My TV is a 720p TV, connected with HDMI. Why oh why do i need to tell the game how big the screen is? Just output (converted) 720p like I told the PS3 and my TV will do the rest!

edit: so far GT5 has been the only game asking me for screen size.
 
I don't know what television you have or what it can do, but if you have these settings, try Full-Screen or Full-Pixel. You can always re-adjust your screen through the game's menus and have another go at it. Good luck!

👍

This. Make sure that you dont have activated any zoom or strange ratio. The best thing would be to put it in a native resolution mode.
 
I'm using a 24" monitor, not a tv, but I still connect through HDMI. The monitor's native resolution is 1920x1200, and GT5 runs in 1080p, i.e. 1920x1080. That's why I have around 100 pixels worth of empty space at the top and bottom of the screen. This is the case with you too, I guess. I wouldn't want to have the monitor try to stretch the image to fit the entire screen, as it would distort the image.
 
Thanks for the help guys, I finally managed to get it sorted, somehow swiching to another AV port managed to sort it (It was an SD TV).

However I now have an HD TV and fortunately haven't had any similar problems :).
 
Back