Screen goes dim when I run ACC - anyone else had this?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
breeminator
breeminator
I got myself a new graphics card today, a 5700 XT, as my old R9 290 really just wasn't up to running ACC acceptably. Tried it with some other games, and it worked great with every game. But when I ran ACC, the screen went really dim. It stayed really dim even after exiting the game, I had to restart the PC to get it back to normal. I tried again, same thing. 5 other games all worked fine. I have no idea what might be causing this or if it can be fixed by anything I have control over. Has anyone else had this?

There's been a lot of talk about AMD drivers lately. Here's a video from Hardware Unboxed describing some of the issues:

Maybe your problem is related to that? I seem to recall they mentioned the screen going black, among other things.

I don't think it's that, it more resembles this:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...x-for-the-games-changing-the-color-profiles-/

I've found a workaround. If I go into the Radeon software and re-select 4:4:4 RGB Full Range, the screen reverts to normal. If I do that after the game has run up, it remains normal after that.

I've had no obvious problems relating to the AMD driver, the card has worked perfectly in every way in every other game. I have no way of knowing if this particular problem is the game or the driver. I've no idea why it isn't affecting other people, but I assume there are other people using the same driver who don't have this problem.

Back